Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Crowns

Image

Danielle and Hatter arrived back at the castle around noon the next day. Danielle didn't want to leave the cave but Hatter promised her that they would go back. Danielle was rushed up the stairs and into her room by Mirana and Sky. They washed her body, fixed her hair, did her makeup, and put her in the red gown that Hatter had made.

"How was your night?" asked Mirana. She warmly smiled at Danielle.

"It was lovely. Hatter promised to take me back there soon."

Mirana nodded.

"Do you have any advice about being a queen?"

Mirana finished tying the back of Danielle's dress. She turned her around so that Danielle was now facing her.

"Just be as sweet as you can be but don't forget to overlook someone when they have broken the law."

Danielle swallowed hard. She really didn't know if she could run this side of Underland. She would probably do a better job than Iracabeth or Andromeda. Mirana could sense Danielle's emotions. She cupped her hand over Danielle's face soothing her feelings.

"You'll be fine." she whispered. "Now come, it is time."

Danielle followed Sky and Mirana into the great hall of the castle. Viewers were already gathered inside. They all cheered once they saw Danielle walk towards the throne. Hatter was already waiting for her. He greeted her with a kiss.

"Tarrant, are you sure you want to be king?"

He smiled. "Yes, I'm sure. We can both turn Underland back around."

She nodded. "Then we will."

Danielle wanted to make sure that Hatter wanted to be a king. She didn't want to pressure her husband into doing something that he didn't want to do. The crowning ceremony only lasted twenty minutes. Hatter and Danielle had to recited vows stating that they would bring good to Underland instead of bad. Then the crowns were placed upon their head. At that moment, something happened outside. The grass began to grow, flowers began to bloom, the small creek started to fill up with crystal blue water, and fresh fish.

Hatter turned around to stare at his wife. He grabbed her hand and pressed it against his mouth.

"You did it!" he said while giving her a kiss.

"No, we did it!" she replied.

Hatter smiled then began to do the Futterwacken. Chessur appeared beside Danielle with a large smile on his face. He slightly bowed his head.

"My Queen," he said.

"Chessur! I can't believe I'm the queen and a wife."

He smiled widely . "You'll be great at both."

Hatter finished his joyous dance. He turned around to smile at Danielle. He headed over to her and wrapped her in his arms.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too!"

"So, now what?"

Danielle smiled. "I think we should go to Thackery's and have a tea party!"

Hatter's lips curved into a grin. "I think that would be a splendid idea!"

He pulled his wife into a passionate kiss. For the first time in a long time Danielle was extremely happy. She had visited the place where she thought wasn't real, she met great friends, saved Underland, and met the man of her dreams. She couldn't ask for anything better.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for all the amazing comments! It really means a lot. This story has been so much fun to write and I'm sad that it's over. SOOOOOO, should I write another Mad Hatter story?