Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Chessur

Image

Danielle's small feet began to ache. She had no idea how long they had been walking. She glanced up at the sky to see the darkness start to take over.

"Are we almost there?" she asked.

"Be patient." snapped Mallymkun.

"Yes, be patient." someone said.

Danielle turned around and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw a smiling cat with blue eyes staring at her. A smile took over her lips as she reached up to pet the cat. He began to purr loudly by her soft touch.

"Chessur!" she said.

He stopped purring and opened his eyes to look at Danielle. That's when his smile faded.

"You're not Alice." he stated.

"Not exactly. I'm her daughter Danielle."

Chessur glanced around trying to find any sign of Alice.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"She's dead Chessur." said the White Rabbit.

At that moment, Chessur evaporated. Danielle once again felt her heart break. All of these creatures loved Alice. She just wished they would feel the same about her.

"I don't think we should tell Hatter." said Mallymkun.

"We can't keep it from him. He'll be mad if he finds out that we knew and didn't tell him."

"He'll be heartbroken when he does find out. At least I won't be the bearer of bad news."

Danielle couldn't take it anymore. She did not like the Dormouse at all. Her mother always told her that Mallymkun was hard to get along with; now she knew why.

"You don't have to be so rude. I did nothing to you. I'd appreciate it if you were a little nicer to me." said Danielle.

Mallymkun sadly looked at the ground. She was ashamed with herself for the way she treated Danielle but she was upset about Alice.

"I'll meet you at Thackery's house." she then ran off through the woods.

Danielle felt bad. She didn't mean to hurt her feelings but she didn't like rude people not even rude animals.

"I didn't mean to make her upset." she said.

Danielle hear a whooshing sound next to her. She looked over to see Chessur floating in the air. She could tell that he had been crying because his eyes were red and puffy.

"She'll get over it." he said.

"Why is she like that?"

Chessur sighed. "The man she loves doesn't love her back. She's been living in a world of hatered. Don't mind her."

"We're going to be late." said the White Rabbit.

Danielle nodded as she began to walk again. Chessur floated in front of her and the White Rabbit. When he was far enough from them Danielle glanced up at the rabbit.

"You knew my mother died before I even told you." she stated.

The white rabbit softly nodded. "I was at the funeral." he said.

"Then why did you bring me here knowing that I wasn't Alice?"

"To help you."

"I don't need any help." she replied matter of factly.

"You need to be around the ones that love you. Not locked away for the rest of your life."

"No one loves me." she whispered more to herself.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that."

Before Danielle could ask the rabbit anymore questions he hopped away from her. She knew he was right. She needed to be around others and not alone. Nothing would solve being alone. She sighed as she ran faster. She was getting so tired and hungry. All she wanted to do was sleep but they had to get to safety. She had no idea who this Andromeda person was that the White Rabbit and Mallymkun had talked about but she did know the person didn't sound very nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is from yesterday since I didn't get a chance to post it. I will be updating Chapter 5 here shortly....Hatter is finally introduced into the story!

Image