Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Believing Is Seeing

Image

Danielle followed Chessur and the White Rabbit down a steep hill. She spotted a windmill house that was decorated with tree branches, leaves, fur, and moss. Sitting in front of the house was a long table that had treats and tea cups scattered on it. She could barely make out the figures sitting at the table. Once she saw the curly red hair sticking out from a top hat she smiled. It was the Hatter. She'd know him anywhere! As they approached the table, the Hatter raised his head. Danielle noticed his colorful array of clothing from across time, including the iconic tattered top hat. His eyes were lime green, his face was white, and he had bright colors around his eyes, and rosy cheeks. His mouth formed into a unique smile.

At once he stood up and stepped onto the table. Danielle watched as he walked across it. He knelt in front of Danielle's two foot self. His face fell when he got a better look at her.

"Why, you're not Alice!" he said in a unique voice.

"No, I'm not. I'm Danielle Watson."

"She's Alice's daughter." said Chessur who appeared next to the Hatter.

"Alice's daughter." Hatter mumbled to himself. "We'll, welcome Danielle! Come join us for tea!"

"You're late for tea!" a quirky hare shrieked.

Danielle thought he was odd but she smiled over at the hare. Hatter grabbed onto her small hand and the two of them walked across the table. Danielle tried to miss the tea cups but she accidentally knocked a few of them onto the brown grass. Hatter jumped into his chair with ease. He placed Danielle in the chair beside him.

"Tea?" he asked.

"Yes, please. Umm, rabbit do you have any Upelkuchen? We're safe now right?" she asked.

Hatter slammed a cup of tea onto the table. He glanced down at Danielle. His eyes turned from lime green to golden yellow.

"We're never safe here." he said dangerously.

Danielle felt his eyes piercing into her soul. She nervously looked away from him to the others who were also staring at her.

"What happened here? I remember my mother telling me how beautiful Wonderland was; with all the bright flowers, mushrooms, and tress."

Hatter smiled an evil smile that sent shivers down Danielle's spine.

"White has fallen to red once more." he said.

"You mean the Red Queen is back? I thought she was vanished to the Outlands?"

"Your mother did tell you a lot didn't she?" asked Mallymkun.

"Yes, she told me stories every night. But, I didn't believe her. I've never seen this place until now."

Hatter sighed. "Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing."

Danielle smiled. "That's what my mother always told me!"

"Where is your mother? We need her help." asked the Hatter.

Danielle sadly glanced down at her lap. No one would look Hatter in the eyes so he knew something was going on.

"Hatter," she began. "My mother died."

Hatter sat there for a few moments in utter shock. He couldn't believe that Alice had died. His emotions changed in a split second. Hatter grabbed onto the table and with such force he threw it, causing the tea cups and plates to shatter. The March Hare screamed loudly. Danielle just sat there stunned. She didn't know what to do. Hatter kicked his chair over then walked into the woods. No one spoke for the longest time until Mallymkun broke the silence.

"Someone needs to talk to him." she said.

"I'll go." replied Danielle.

Rabbit handed her a small piece of Upelkuchen. She thanked him then took a small bite. At once, her body shot up to her normal height. She got out of the chair and headed intot he woods. She had no idea what she would say to Hatter. All she knew was that she didn't want to make him mad again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image