Sequel: The Technicolor Phase
Status: Finished

Painting Flowers

Poetry Time

Image

When Danielle and Hatter got back to the tea party she noticed that the table Hatter had kicked over earlier was set back up. The tea cups and saucers that weren't broken were neatly placed on top of the table. Hatter led her over to the chair next to him. He slid it out and motioned for Danielle to sit. She sank down into the chair and looked into his emerald eyes.

"Thank you." she said.

"You're welcome."

Hatter pushed her close to the table then took his seat. He placed his hands on the table and clasped them together.

"Now." he said. "Shall we begin our poetry time?"

"Yes indeed but we need to talk to you." said Chessur.

"I'm fine." replied Hatter.

"No, you're not fine. You're always so angry Tarrant. I haven't seen you do the Futterwacken in over twenty years."

Hatter smiled. "When the bloody big heads vicious daughter is killed and a right Queen is crowned at the Castle of Hearts then I will do the Futterwacken."

Danielle smiled as she remembered that the Futterwacken was a joyous dance that the Hatter did.

"I'll hold you to that." replied Chessur.

Danielle glanced down to see Mallymkun staring up at her. She gave Danielle a hateful look.

"Are you going to help us?" she asked.

Everyone stared over at Danielle. She felt like she had to do this. Though, it was her choice. She wanted to help them. She softly nodded.

"Yes, I will help."

Hatter chuckled loudly. "I'm taking her to the White Castle so Sky can teach her how to handle a sword."

"Why don't you teach her?" asked Chessur while swishing his tail.

Hatter glanced over at Danielle. He smiled widely at her which caused her to smile back.

"I could help. Now, enough chatter lets start poetry time."

Danielle assumed that poetry time was when everyone went around the table saying a poem. Chessur went first, then Mallymkun, the March Hare, and McTwisp the white rabbit. Hatter was next.

"This poem is for Alice Kingsleigh. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves. Did gyre and gimble in the wave. All mimsy were the borograves and the mome raths outgrabe. Beware the Jabberwocky! The jaws that bite the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird and shun. The frumious Bandersnatch. She took the Vorpal Sword in hand; long time the manyone foe she sought. So she by the Tumtum tree, and stood a while in though. And as in uffish thought she stood. The Jabberwocky with eyes of flame came whiffling through the Tulgey Wood. One two! One two! And through and through. The Vorpal blade went snicker-snack. She left it dead, and with its head she went gallumphing back. And hast though slain the Jabberwocky? Come to my beamish girl! O Frabjous Day! Callooh! Callay! 'Twas brilligh, and the slithy toves. Did gyre and gimble in the wave. All mimsy were the borograves and the mome raths outgrabe."

Danielle and the others began to clap loudly after Hatter finished his poem. Hatter took his hat off and bowed his head. When he put the tattered hat back on he glanced at Danielle.

"We're saving the best for last." he said.

Danielle shook her head. "No, I can't recite a poem. I've never made one up before."

"Sure you can!" said Chessur.

Danielle closed her eyes as she tried to think about a poem to recite. She began to think of one. She opened her eyes and cleared her throat.

"I feel sometimes like I've truly lost my way. When I have the chance to sit and think I stare ahead and never stop to blink. My heart is loudly crying for you. My soul is crying out for love so true. I dont' know how I've made it this long. I don't know how I've stayed so strong. I guess I'm waiting for the day when all my pain will go away. It's been so hard without you by my side. Losing you took away so much of my pride. You are a part of me; a piece of my soul and until you find me I will never be whole. I am so sorry that I let you go. I hope one day that you will know that all I wanted was the best for you even though it's torn my world in two. The only reason why I'm still alive is the hope that you'll be by my side. I want to know that wherever you are even if the distance is far you are always here in my heart and soul. I'm leaving this for God's control. One day, he'll send you back to me. One day my heart will again be free. My love for you will never end. When you're back my heart will mend. Just know a daughter's love is forever even though we're not together."

Danielle finished the poem with tears in her eyes. Everyone sat in silence until Hatter clapped.

"Excuse me."

Danielle got up from the table. She wanted to be alone and cry right now. The poem had really sent her emotions into overdrive. She found her way into the clearing where the fireflies were located. She took a seat on the rock and began to sob. Nothing would ever bring her mother back to her. But at least she could dream
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone know where I can find a Mad Hatter Hat? I've looked everywhere for one. I don't want a crappy looking one. I want one that looks authentic to the one in the movie. If you know of a website or anything please let me know! Thanks! One more update after this :)

Image