I Never Loved You

The Regrets

Isabella woke up the next morning feeling like all her insides had been ripped out. She felt horrible for leaving him behind in Maryland, but she had to do what she had to do.

Now she was regretting it.

She sighed and threw the covers off her body, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. She stepped on to her soft carpeted floor and headed in to her bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind her.

She turned on the water to the shower and shut the curtain, stripping of her clothing and getting in. The water washed over her body, relaxing her aching muscles from surfing with Brian yesterday.

Isabella sat down at the bottom of the shower, bringing her knees up to her chin and resting it there. The water fell over her shoulders and ran down the drain along with her tears.

Her head was clouded with thoughts of Alex and mixed with ideas that Lisa had given her. She didn’t know why she was in California anymore. She knew she had run from Alex, but now all she wanted was him back.

She loved him with everything she had, even if he was an arrogant asshole. To her, he was her definition of the perfect man. She wanted nothing but him and that was the blatant truth.

She stood back up and turned off the water, pushing back the shower curtain and grabbing a towel from the hook on the wall. She pulled the plush, blue fabric tight around her body and walked back in to her bedroom.

She changed in to some dry clothes and hung the towel back up in the bathroom, picking her other clothes up from the floor and tossing them in to the hamper.

She was just about to turn on her laptop when the chorus of Blink 182’s What’s My Age Again started playing from her nightstand.

Her heart nearly stopped beating when she looked down at the caller ID.

Gaskarth

“Hello?” She choked out.
“Isabella,” He smiled, letting out a small sigh of relief.

“What are you calling for?” Anger and rage now taking over her mind.

He hesitated, trying to make up his mind on whether or not he really wanted to do this, “I wanted to apologize……… For everything.”

“Alex…”

“Just hear me out,” He begged, “Lisa’s gone because I broke her heart, but she left me this note,” She could hear the rustling of paper on the other end of the line as he stared down at the piece of paper for the hundreath time, “She knows about me and you and she doesn’t want that to fall apart like her and I did,” Then he went quiet for a minute, “Truth is, I don’t want to lose you Isabelle.”

She bit her lower lip, “Alex …”

“I’m really sorry I fucked up,” He began to rant; “There’s a lot of things that I’ve done wrong that I shouldn’t have. There are so many things that I wanted to do with you, but I never did because I thought you wouldn’t feel the same way. And then there’s Lisa who you were happy about and I fucked that up with Andrea and I know you’re pissed at me, but if I could take it back I would! God, you don’t even know how bad I wish I could just take all of that ba ---“

She cut him off, “Alex!” She shouted. Silence.

“I forgive you,” She answered in a soft voice.

His eyes lit up, “Best friends again?”
She nodded, “Best friends again.”

But how long would this phase last?