Status: Complete.

Trust.

Homey Feeling

“Rory, sweetheart, are you done packing?” My mothers fragile, sweet tone asks from the door way.

With a nod of my head I answered her, “Yeah.”

“Ok, the truck is ready to go. Please, put on a coat, it’s a bit chilly out,” she said in her motherly tone and smiles sweetly at me before leaving.

I did as she asked and threw on my favorite leather jacket. It was pretty ancient, but great none the less. My backpack was lying on the floor and I picked it up, slung it over my shoulder, and exited my room to find mom waiting for me in the jeep.

“How long will it take to get there?” I asked, throwing my bag in the back.

“About eight hours,” she answered causing me to groan. She smiled sweetly and giggled. “Just lean your seat back and take a nap sweetie, it’ll go by faster than you think.”

It didn’t go by fast at all. Eight hours felt like an eternity to me. But thankfully, we finally arrived at our new home. Or at least, our home for a little while. I haven’t stayed in a house for more than eight months so I didn’t expect to stay here long either.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Mom asked, stepping out of the car to look up at the two story house. It was painted a light green with dark green shutters and doors. There was a front porch painted white with a swing and a tree in the front yard with a tire swing.

It had…a homey feeling. One that I wasn’t used to.

“I guess,” I answered her, grabbing our things from the trunk and following her to the front door. The movers were already putting the last of our things inside. We didn’t have much, a couch, TV, and a coffee table in the living room and a few things for the bedrooms.

Like I said, we moved around a lot, so we tried not to have a lot of furniture.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I picked out your room. If you don’t want it though we can change it,” mom informed me, gesturing up the steps to the second floor.

I honestly did not care where I slept. A room is a room to me.

Upstairs I found the room that was mine. It was simple, just a normal sized room with a closet and a window. My bed, dresser, and boxes were already placed in here so I threw down my book bag and began unpacking.

“Rory, are you hungry?”

“Yeah.”

“All right, I’ll call you down when I finish lunch!” Mom yelled.

I nodded to myself and went to unpacking once more. I didn’t have much, a few posters, CD’s, clothes, and a stereo system so it didn’t take me long. Just as I finished mother called for me and I could smell the hamburgers and French fries from up here.

“Smells good.”

Mom smiled as I moved into the kitchen, which seemed more modern. I guess the family that was once here wanted it that way. It was ok…

“Dig in, I plan on going to go get some groceries,” mom ordered and set the food onto the island.

Damn, I hate grocery shopping. It’s almost as bad as mowing the lawn.

“You’ll start school Monday, is that ok?”Of course not. “I suppose.”

It was Wednesday so, if you count today, I had five days to get used to this place. I guess it’s better than to start this very week. It’d be pretty pointless if you asked me.

~

Thursday I woke up around noon. Mom was out, probably exploring and meeting people. I was betting that she’d bring a new guy home in a week. I sighed just thinking about it.

Lazily, I got out of bed and dressed. I wasn’t staying here all day so I scribbled a note for mom just in case she returned before I did. I grabbed a hold of my iPod and plugged myself in before exiting the house.

It was a slightly cool fall day. The leaves here were changing colors, bright red, yellow, and orange. It was beautiful, I’ve never been to Pennsylvania before, but I must admit the fall scenery is beautiful.

A few other people were roaming the streets, but very few. The houses were spread apart, each having their very own decent sized yard. There was a convince store, a restaurant, post office, candy store, docks, a river and a park.

It was a small and cute town. One that I may enjoy…

I went to the docks. A few small boats were located here, but nothing more. I took a seat in the sand. The water slowly rose and went back and I watched the clear water flow. I ran my fingers through the sand as Dark Blue by Jack’s Mannequin blasted into my skull.

This place was…kind of relaxing. It gave me time to think about the last boyfriend mother had.

His name was William and he was by far the worst of them all. Like all the others he came into our home speaking and acting kindly. But after he moved in and had mother believing that he was a gentleman, everything went wrong.

He dared to bring alcohol and drugs into our home. He and I argued a lot, sometimes with our fists rather than our mouths. I put up with him and his stupidity until he brought over some of his friends to have “fun” with mom while he tried to push himself on me.

What made him think he’d ever be able to do that was beyond me. There was a full out brawl between the two of us, one that I won. And I had those disgusting friends of his begging for mercy by the end of the night.

After William finally left us alone mom and I decided to move again. This time, across the country. Arizona was a nice place to live, but we found too much trouble there so mom decided on a place that seemed quiet and calm and that was Pennsylvania.

Hopefully, mom will find herself someone here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second ch. it isn't very much but I don't want this story to go too fast
I have idea's for it ;D

Comment&Subscribe?