Status: Complete.

Trust.

A Bother

Trigonometry.

I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

Actually, I hate math in generally. Like I said before, it is an awful subject that needs to be banned. It’s not like I’m ever going to use this in my life. I’m going to be a hobo. All I need to know for my occupation is how to steal and persuade people to give me money.

I don’t need to know how to do these stupid problems.

Sadly, the school believes that we do though so I am forced to take this retarded class. I’ll probably get a D and hardly pass it, but I’m ok with that. I don’t plan on going to college anyway, too much work.

I scowl and watch the teacher before me. Her chicken scratch filled the board and to be honest, I had no idea what the fuck she was doing…so I gave up.

I lean back in my seat, plug myself into my iPod and use my long hair to cover them up. She had absolutely no idea and continued with her lecture to the class while I scrolled through song after song, searching for something good to listen to.

Jack’s Mannequin sounded tempting so I turned him on and my foot tapped to the beat.

When the bell rang I had no idea. The only way I knew was because of all the kids standing to their feet and rushing out the door. I sighed in relief, because finally the day was over and I could not have been happier.

It was like every other day I first started at school. People stared, pointed, and talked about me left and right. I walked the halls, feeling eyes of many on my back and it was slightly uncomfortable. But like I’ve said before I’ve gotten used to it so the uncomfortable factor was stored into the very back of my head.

Less and less people were in the halls until finally there were only a few, I being one of them. That damn lock on my locker was pissing me off so I improvised by locking my lock but not shutting my locker. Yeah, that’s skills.

I threw my ear phones back in and headed back to my car, but I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a group of guys standing just behind the school. The scene was familiar and I’m sure everyone has seen it at least once in their life time.

They all stood in a circle, laughing.

At first I began walking to my car, not even caring about it. The kid who got into shit should be more careful, I thought, but just as I thought this I heard the kids shout, “Please, stop it!”

He sounded pleading and it made that thing in my chest twist uncomfortably. I snarled, first day and I’m already going to get enemies, fucking great.

Although I really didn’t want to, I found myself walking over there with a scowl on my face. When I finally reached them I could hear the kids quiet whimpering and it was what drove me to grab one of these “tough” guys and tug him back.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I snapped, sending him a dark glare that could make someone piss their pants.

The brunette glared right back at me, but I could see the uncertainty in his eyes. “Fuck off, man. This is none of your business.”

“What makes you think you can go around fucking with people?”

“I said fuck off!” He went to shove me, but I grabbed his wrist and twisted. He let out a strangled whine and a shout after I shoved him into one of his goons.

They all angrily walked away, not bothering to say or do anything back. That I was slightly glad for, but at the same time disappointed. I don’t mind throwing a few punches, it’s a nice stress reliever, but at the same time if mom knew I got into a fight on the first day she’d be pissed.

Sighing, I looked away from the kids to find a small boy lying on the ground. His platinum blonde hair hung straight around his thin face. When he looked up at me through baby blue eyes I felt this sense of kindness radiating from them and I became…glad that I had stopped those guys.

I held out my hand, which he took. The boy was light, at least that’s what it felt like. He stood to his feet, hands dusting all the dirt and grime off him before he rubbed his reddening cheek, which I knew would bruise.

I didn’t bother asking why those guys were messing with him. It wasn’t my business, but when he leaned his head down and reached to grab his forearm he looked like a kicked puppy.

“T-Thanks,” he stuttered, his voice sounding as sweet as I expected it to be. “I didn’t mean to be a bother.”

I raised an eyebrow, having no idea what he meant. How was he a bother? All he was doing was getting his ass kicked. I guess he’s a bother to himself…

“Whatever,” I scoffed, looking away from him. As I did this he grabbed his bag, which was on the ground and headed down the side walk. I watched him move, the way his hips swayed, and the aura around him that just screamed innocence.

As he walked away I got a feeling that he probably missed his ride. For a second, a mere second, I debated on asking if he wanted a ride…but why would I do that? I already saved his sorry ass so that was enough community service for the day.

I turned then and walked to my car, passing him on the way out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boy that Rory saved.
I'M NOT GIVING HIS NAME UNTIL LATER =D

Comment&Subscribe?