Status: Trashed for now.

Maze of Memories

There's a hole in the forest

Lizzie was sitting in a forest clearing, her brown/blond hair shining slightly in the sunlight. She wondered how long it would take for someone to find her, smiling and laughing quietly to herself.

She heard footsteps behind her, and turned around to find a large panther whose fur rippled like living shadows. It watched Lizzie with crimson eyes. The great beast inched closer, but Lizzie refused to move because she was interested in the panther. Lizzie found the panther strangely beautiful, and reached her hand out toward it slowly.

The panther jerked away before Lizzie could touch it. It darted to the trees, and Lizzie gave chase. She ran through the trees, the panther always at the edge of her vision, a black shadow that mingled with the trees. She thought she would never catch up until she came upon a gaping hole in the ground.

As she could never completely master coming to an immediate stop, Lizzie ended up falling into the hole.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I've mingled the parts together to form paragraphs, you can't tell whose part starts where. This story has been written in parts, and CheshirexCat and I are still in the process of writing the story. I'm really excited, she's a really good writer!