Status: Trashed for now.

Maze of Memories

Dumb ass

The boy looked at Lizzie with disdain, his sun kissed blond hair gleaming in the sun.

"I'm so sorry." Lizzie exclaimed.

The boy's green eyes sizzled with anger, "What the hell do you think you were doing?! Do you have any idea how much that hurt!?"

"No, I don't! I'm sorry! I was just sitting in the forest, and I chased this beautiful panther, and there was this hole that I fell through-"

"Enough! I don't care!" the boy interrupted Lizzie's crazy rambling."I have work to do, work that you interrupted!" He started to walk away, his shoulders slouched in pain, but stopped suddenly, eyes raised to the sky.

A high screeching echoed through the forest. The boy glanced back at Lizzie, and before she could even take a breath, Lizzie was hoisted into the air by the boy. A huge monster crashed through the trees.

"Hey, wait! What the hell is that thing!?" Lizzie shouted, the boy running from the creature with her in his arms.

"Something we don't want to be around when it's hungry!" he yelled back, seemingly unhappy that he had to drag her to safety. He would feel guilty if he didn't save her, though.

He hopped from the trees, as graceful as any beast. But still, Lizzie feared he would trip and they would be swallowed whole by the rows of razor teeth that trailed behind them, close enough that Lizzie could smell the rancid smell that oozed off of its skin. Maybe he'll throw me to that creature, Lizzie thought. The boy did seem to be annoyed, his eyes narrowed and lips set in a thin line.

Another loud crash sounded, and the creature was quickly dragged from sight by another large beast. Lizzie almost screamed, but feared what the boy would do to her if she let out a sound.

She slowly glanced at the boy, taking in his green eyes which were bright with concentration. Her own eyes echoed the same wonderful emerald color, and she couldn't help but lose herself in his eyes. Before she allowed herself to think about how cute he was, no matter how pissed off, Lizzie shook her head. What the hell was she thinking about someone she had just met!?

He seemed to notice her staring. His body tensed. "Staring is rude, you know. If you do it again, I'll leave you to the monsters."

Lizzie's eyes went wide with shock. How can someone be so terrible? Does he have some genetic condition that makes him act like an ass?

"I wasn't staring!" Lizzie denied, her face turning red.

"Sure you weren't," his eyes narrowed as he began slowing his pace down. It was then that Lizzie noticed how his ears, sticking barely above his messy blond hair, were pointed. Her eyes widened at the sight. "How the hell did you get here...?"

"I told you, through a hole," Lizzie sounded distracted. "Why are your ears pointed?" The boy froze all together at the question, his eyes wide.

"Wh-what?" He cupped Lizzie's face with one hand, turning her head slightly. "Your ears?" His question hung in the air. For a long moment, he seemed dazed...

"What about my ears?" Lizzie asked. "They're perfectly normal, unlike yours. Are you pretending to be an elf or something?"

"What do you mean, 'pretending'? I am an elf!" It was Lizzie's turn to freeze.

"What... That can't be possible! Elves and-the-like don't exist!" Lizzie exclaimed. The boy's eyebrows knitted together, and he frowned deeply. He removed his hand from Lizzie's face, grabbing her wrist as he began leading her through the forest.

"Come with me," he demanded.
♠ ♠ ♠
CheshirexCat is truly an amazing writer! I'm just too happy, writing this story with her. (Insert brightly smiling face here.) We've gotten really far in the story; at least, it's a good start for now. Thank you, iMeowTao for commenting. We'll be posting as often as we can!