‹ Prequel: Between You and I
Status: Active;;

Happy the Hard Way

This Is My Happy Ending

It's been days since the graveyard shooting. They arrested me for shooting my dad. Why? Because he wasn't harming me. Kind of stupid if you ask me. He shot Dave. What was I suppose to do? Let him continue to shoot him until he was dead and then our baby would be without a father. I had court today. I couldn't visit Dave in the hospital. Ashton came to visit me with Alexander. I was scared I would never see him again. I cried myself to sleep for two weeks that's how long I've been in here for. My grandma is doing better and she's going help me out. I layed on my back with my arms behind my head with my eyes closed.

"Miss Burton. Let's go." I heard the guard yell. I sat up and walked over to the bars. The guard opened them up and I waited until they started to pull me. I stumbled a bit.

"Chuck, quit man handling her." Greg said.

"Shut up. I'll man handle her if I want." Chuck said. Chuck kept pulling me until I tripped and my head collided with the cement wall.

"Agh. Shit." I said lifting my arms up to rub my head but Chuck swatted them away. I looked at him. Greg pushed Chuck away and sat me down on a bench.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at my forehead.

"I'm good." I said. Greg helped me up and we walked until we were infront of the court house. After three long hours the jury went into the other room to decide if I was guilty or not guilty. About thirty minutes they walked back out and one stood there. I looked back and saw Ashton, Grandma Burton, Dave holding Alex, Josh, Dennis, Jimmie, Matt, and Faith all sitting there. I smiled.

"We find the defeated not guilty. We think it was a self defense matter. If she didn't shoot him who knows what he would of done." Jury 1 said. Everybody cheered. I clapped then stood up and hugged my lawyer.

"Court is dismiss." The Judge said.

"Can I?" I asked. My lawyer nodded and I ran over to Dave and grabbed Alex and held him and just hugged him. Dave wrapped his arms around me. I have never been this happy in my life. Tears streamed down my face. Soon the whole group pulled me into a hug.

"Dinner at my house." Grandma said. We walked out, Alex in my arms and Dave's arm around my shoulder. Its been a couple of hours. Dinner was almost done when Dave stood up and then got on one knee. My eyes widen. My heart started beating fast. I looked around the table and saw that everybody was smiling even Alexander.

"Jessica Burton, I know we've had our times. We've been through hell and back and seems like things just pull us back together because we belong together. I've done some stupid shit to mess this relationship up. I've cheated on you and you shouldn't of taken me back but you did. You have no idea how much you mean to me. How much I want to be a family with you because you and Alex are everything to me. I love you both with my whole heart and I couldn't of asked for a better girl to share the rest of my life with. Will you take this ring and be Mrs. Jessica Strauchman?" He said. I looked around the table. My grandma was crying. Faith was smiling ear to ear.

"Jess. What do you say?" He asked. I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I just...I love you." I said nodded then tears falling for the second time that day.

"Yes? You will? YOU WILL?" Dave shouted standing up and bringing me up with him and hugging me. Everybody was clapping. Alex sat in Ashton lap. Alex giggled. Which made everybody else laugh. Dave put the ring on my finger and then kissed me.

"I love you, Jess." He said kissing me again.

I smiled," I love you too, Dave." I said. We sat back down and continued on with dinner. I had a smile on my face and that smile will be there for days to come because I'm happy. I finally found my happy ending. I love my life, my family, my friends. Nothing was going to stop me from being happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS SO CRAPPY!!!
I'M SORRY.
Read&Comment.