Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Twelve

I knocked on the door loudly, pounding, like it was my job. Sighing after still not getting a response, I turned to look at the driveway. His car was in the driveway, I knew he was home, and I was getting restless.
I tucked a blonde strand behind my ear and adjusted my sunglasses that were covering my bloodshot red eyes. I barely had time to do anything this morning. Brent had come in when I was still crying, and I lamely said that my parents had called and said some more things, and when I woke- he was still asleep.

I lazily pulled my hair into a ponytail and slipped on some jeans and a long sleeved black t-shirt and raced to this house. Now, after fifteen minutes, the asshole still wasn’t answering his door.

Letting out a groan, I slammed my fist into the door repeatedly. Finally, I heard the locks unhinging and a half-naked Patrick Kane stood in front of me, squinting through the sunlight. His hair was all messy from a good night’s sleep and as he rubbed his eyes. Finally, he registered that something was wrong.

“What the fuck,” he mumbled.

I sighed, inviting myself in and tearing off my sunglasses.

He froze, dropped his hand and stared at me, suddenly awake, “You told him.”

I shook my head and he let out a low breath, even he didn’t want to deal with that storm yet. I swallowed the lump in my throat, preparing to deliver the news. I had just potentially ruined his relationship with his best friend. I let our secret leak- I ruined it.

“Last night,” I said steadily, trying to keep my eyes on his face, “Jon was over when I got home- with Brent, after I left dinner pretending I was going out with him.”

Patrick gave a slight nod.

“He confronted me and I told him.”

He sighed, reaching up to rub his face and move his hair away from his eyes, “Fuck, too early for this shit...”

I reached forward, like a desperate child, and wrapped my arms around his waist. I was overjoyed when his arms snaked their way around me too. I muttered a quick, I’m sorry, which earned me a soft kiss on the forehead.

“It was going to happen eventually,” he said, but I could hear the disappointment, “I mean, soon enough this isn’t going to be a dirty little secret anymore.”

I tensed at the thought. It was true. Jonathan was the first step; he was the first crack in the stone. Soon enough, the crack would get bigger and bigger and then the whole stone would crumble to pieces. One day... I was going to be looking at Brent’s face, as he fell one hundred percent out of love with me.

Have I ever mentioned how ill this made me feel?

“He hates me,” I whispered, “He said I only think about myself.”

Pat stroked my shoulders soothingly, “Well... he’s pissed. This is a realllly shitty situation, Lee, there’s no happy ending bullshit here. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t come to flip out on me yet.”

I let go of his warm body and stepped back, “I’ll go then, just in case.”

He nodded, rubbing his eyes again, “Alright, I’ll call you later.”

I agreed and pulled my glasses back on my nose, kissing him quickly, before heading for the door. Suddenly, a thought struck me, and I turned around to face him, shooting him a confused look.

“What?”

“You never asked if Jon was going to tell Brent,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

Patrick just gave me his famous crooked smile, “Tazer’s my boy, and he’s too good of a guy for that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we gooooo ! four comments please? :) im begging you..... PLEASE?! ;)