Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Fourteen

“Shit.”

My eyes slid open lightly, squinting through the sunlight. I caught a glimpse of Brent quickly getting into his clothes. Confused, I glanced at the clock, it was 10 AM. We never got up before 11.

I sighed, sitting up, ignoring the hair in front of my face, “What are you doing babe?”

He glanced back when he heard me, and pulled on his shirt, “There was a fight at the optional practice today; I have to go see what’s going on.”

I frowned, “Two of the guys got into a fight?”

He nodded quickly, looking around for his keys. That was never a problem on the Hawks team. The guys were all so close-knit that fights just weren’t in the equation. Not physical ones, anyway, ESPECIALLY not on the ice.

I ran my fingers through my mane and sighed, “Who?”

He reached into his pocket and gave a soft cry of relief. His keys were hidden in the bottom of his jean pockets. Then, he turned to me and his face was serious, “You’re not going to believe this...”

I had a feeling he was wrong....

“Tazer and Kaner,” my face fell and my heart dropped to my toes, Brent just nodded enthusiastically, “I know right, out of everyone... they’d be the last two I’d ever expect this shit from.”

Suddenly, I was way to awake to even pretend like I was tired. I threw the blankets back and rushed to the drawers, pulling out my clothes and tearing off my PJ’S.

“I’m coming.”

Brent shook his head, “No, this is a team thing, I think you should...”

“Brent!” I said, and by the tone of my voice, he knew I was serious, “This is something I have to do, OK? I’m coming.”

He nodded and as I pulled my shirt on and grabbed my bag, I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. I looked at his sparkling eyes and pulled him down to me, kissing him softly. I had a feeling it’d be the last time I’d ever get to.

He just smiled and led me out to the car.

The drive to the rink was spent pondering over why the hell Jon or Pat would ever hit the other. I knew why, but I didn’t say that. I let him vent and consider the options, while I just nodded or agreed, shrinking into my seat. I knew the truth, I was one of the only three people that did.

When we arrived, we walked into the arena and saw Sharpie, in jeans and a shirt- talking to Dunc. He had obviously not attended the optional skate either, and was here because of the fight.

“Hey man,” Duncan said, greeting Brent. He glanced at me, “Hey.”

I smiled lightly.

“So what the fuck’s going on?” Brent asked.

Sharpie glanced at me and I froze momentarily, he didn’t know, it was merely a coincidence that he looked over at that second. I was just being paranoid. I felt my chest heave.

“Jonny was saying some stuff to Kaner,” Patrick said calmly, “Kaner talked back and Jonny just went for it, the guys have no idea what it’s about, but Coach is pissed.”

Brent let out a sigh and shook his head, “Where are they?”

“Coach is making them talk it out,” Sharpie shrugged, “We’re probably going to have to sit through a lecture after this bullshit, so I’m going to stick around for a bit.”

I finally spoke, “Are they in the locker room?”

All three guys glanced at me and nodded, even Brent, who was as equally uninformed as I was.

“I’m going to go talk to them.”

“Leah, they-.”

“No,” I said sternly, “I have a feeling I know what’s going on.”

Without a word, I turned and walked towards the change room.
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't get as many comments as i'd like on the last chapter.. so pleaseeee, comment on this one? love you all!!! <3