Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Nineteen

I walked out, pulling my shirt closer to me, my arms crossed in front of me. I sniffled, wiping my eyes and trying to hold composure. I heard the soft murmur of the TV and the fridge opening and closing.

I glanced into the living room and saw an empty couch, so I continued into the kitchen. Jon was there, Blackhawks hat on top of his head, opening a bottle of Gatorade.

I took a breath and said, in a shaky voice, “I need help.”

Surprised by presence, he turned around and looked at me curiously. He just looked for a few seconds, before sighing, placing down the Gatorade and leaning against the counter.

“With what?”

I just shrugged, moving my hair away from my eyes, “I need to make it right.”

Jon merely rolled his eyes and took a drink from his bottle, “You can’t, Leah. You can’t change any of it.”

“Why?!”

“You were having sex with one of his friends!” Jon screamed back, silencing me instantly, “Stop being selfish, think about him, he’s allowed to hate you.”

Swallowing, I nodded, “You’re right. I just... I need to clear my head.”

He nodded, “Well its Sunday, I’ve got a game in half an hour, are you coming?”

I just raised my eyebrows and shot him a look, which he completely understood. He smiled, reached over and gave me a quick hug before grabbing his stuff, saying a goodbye, and leaving for the rink.

I took this opportunity to clean up his already tidy kitchen, make his unmade bed, as well as mine. I then grabbed a blanket, a glass of water, and the remote, just in time to turn on the game.

It was already 10 minutes into the first period. The score was 1-0 for the hawks. I had a low feeling in my gut; this was one of the first games that I’d ever missed since I started dating Brent. The only other reasons were when I was out of town, sick, worked, or I had something really important. I rarely ever missed a home game.

I felt like throwing up. Instead, a took a hefty chug of water. My eyes were glued on the screen as Burish almost scored, and my ears cherished the sound of the crowd. They were playing great, and I was happy for them. I knew I’d never get to congratulate them, they’re hatred for me out ruled my wishes.

Out of nowhere, Thornton came into view and slammed himself into Sharpie, which sent him off balance. I smiled as the man got up and continued to skate, no foul words exchanged or even a dirty glance. The man was a great one.

There was five minutes left in the period. Kane was making a pass to Toew’s, and when it connected, Jon shot- but missed. Brent, who was skating up behind them, said something loudly to Patrick, which made him spin around. I froze, recognizing the look in Brent’s eyes. Uh oh.

He shoved Patrick lightly, and obviously, Patrick shoved back. Brent was dropping F-bombs, I could see that much, and Kane was just as in his face.

“Looks like there’s tension between two of the hawks, Patrick Kane and Brent Seabrook- I think there’s going to be a tussle... red against red.”

I watched intensively. Patrick was pressed up against Brent, shorter than him, looking up and giving him that devilish smirk. My chest was tight. Then, it happened Patrick said something that crossed the line and Brent’s gloves were off. Pat’s followed a split second afterward. Brent had a lot more to fight about, and you could tell. Pat was barely giving anything back and honestly, I knew what he was doing. There was no way he was going to fight him, he’d put him through enough.

“No!” I screamed, as Brent’s fist hit Patrick once again in the face, “You fucking-!”

It cut to their teammates. Jon was yelling at them, Buff at his side, just watching. After a few seconds, Sharpie and Burish stepped in to pry the two away from each other. I watched as Brent’s focus finally came back and as Jon helped Pat off of the ice. Then it flashed to Coach... and boy was he pissed.

Feeling at fault for everything, I hastily called a cab and got my stuff. I was not going to let their team fall apart because of my mistakes. I fucked up three relationships- I didn’t need to ruin any more.

“Can you make it quick?” I said quietly to the cab driver.
♠ ♠ ♠
the winner has been notified!
7+ comments for this chapter!!! :D love you guys