Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Eight

“No, I don’t want to get up.”

Jonathan raised an eyebrow, reaching forward to tear the blanket that was covering me off, “I’m hungry.”

I looked back at the movie, letting out an exasperated sigh. I really wanted to finish the end of this and usually, it’s me with the short attention span. For some reason though, Jonathan wanted to go out and he was adamant about it.

I had been sitting on the couch in my PJ’S when I got a phone call. Brent was out and I had been looking forward to cuddling on the couch with my blanket, watching Sweet Home Alabama peacefully. Jonathan interrupted those plans, because he wanted to hang out, so like a good friend, I invited him over.

He promised that he’d watch the movie with me. That lasted a whole twenty minutes before he was up getting beer and then wanting to go out. Dinner was his newest excuse, because he was ‘hungry’. I seriously, seriously doubted that.

As his best friend, I knew a lot about him. He was serious when it came to hockey, but he was also equally serious when it came to friends, girlfriends and family. The only thing that people needed to remember was that Jonathan Toew’s was human. He took things seriously, yes and he’s very mature, but he’s also a goof-ball, a partier and he can make me laugh so very easily.

So, with that in mind, I knew as soon as I invited him over, that we weren’t going to watch the movie.

“There’s an hour left,” I pleaded with him, “Tazer, just finish the movie and we can go out for supper.”

He rolled his eyes, “I’m starving. I can’t wait an hour.”

About ready to sock him, I grabbed my blanket back and pulled it over myself, “Then you’re going to dinner alone, Jonny boy.”

I could feel his sneer hitting the side of my face, but I knew I had won. He wasn’t going to go out to eat alone, he would wait. In defeat, he grabbed his beer from the table and let the rest of it slide down his throat.

After the movie, I held up my end of the bargain. I went out to dinner with him and had a pretty good time. We ate, talked, laughed- hung out. Like usual. It didn’t feel weird anymore, doing this without Pat. It was second nature now, but at the beginning, Jonathan questioned why constantly. Excuse after excuse by either me or Pat, he just stopped asking entirely.

“So how are things with Seabs?” he asked finally, for the first time tonight.

I leaned over to grab a fry and eat it slowly, “Good. I can’t complain.”

He raised an eyebrow, putting his wings down, “Everything okay?”

I glanced at him awkwardly and nodded, “Everything’s fine.”

Although I knew he wasn’t convinced, I forked up a smile that would refrain him from pressing the issue. I couldn’t tell him, even if he was my best friend, he wouldn’t be able to accept it.

My phone buzzed on the table, I opened the message,

Come over. Seabs is going to be with the guys for a bit.

I casually leaned over to sip my drink.

“Brent?” Toews asked as he paid the bill and fished for the tip.

I cleared my throat, grabbing a ten dollar bill and placing the tip down myself. He had, after all, paid the entire bill. As he went to protest, I just nodded, standing up automatically.

“I’ll drop you off at home;” I said quietly, “Brent needs help with something.”

Jon cringed, “Do I want to know?”

I could only laugh and pat my friend on the shoulders, “No, Tazer, you really don’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
We're getting there. It'll get good soon, I promise. Thanks to my commenters, i love you dearly. <3