I shall call it Bob!

Go Ask Alice

"So what's new with Nick?" I ask at the dinner table.
"Uhh we broke up," Reese says, poking at her food.
"Oh, that's too bad," Ali says slowly, "What happened?"
"Well, he's gay."
"Holy shit! You're so revolting you turned a guy gay!" Frankie exclaims. Reese flicks a piece of potato at him.

"He was gay the whole time, he wanted to turn straight because he was afraid of what his brothers and father would think."
"Why does he care?" Frankie mumbles.
"Frankie," Ali hisses, "Not everyone is as free with homosexuality as your dad and I."
"But still."
"Frankie, just drop it," I say rolling my eyes.

"So what about that Jakob," Ali says raising her eyebrows.
"You're crazy," Reese mutters.
"Yes you are," I agree, "I like the fact Reese is single."
"What so I can become a crazy cat lady?" Reese asks, cocking an eyebrow.
"No, I'll be fine with you dating when you're twenty-five."
"Funny how you were twenty-five when I was born."
"Uhh," I say as Frankie bursts out laughing.
"And Mom was only twenty-four."

"Fine, you can date at twenty-three," I say as everyone bursts out laughing.
"Oh okay, so I'll just have meaningless random sex until then," She says overly-casual as she goes back to poking at her food.
"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"
"That's the bacon's job," Frankie says manically.

*Reese's POV*
*November*

"Well class," The English teacher says as she walks down the row of desks, "This week we'll be starting the first major project of the year." She stops at the front of the room and turns to face the class, "Now I trust you've all read the books on the book list." A couple of other students cough, I read only three of the five books, Catcher in the Rye, Go Ask Alice, and To Kill a Mocking Bird. The last one REALLY sucked. "The project is to take the book you read and make some sort of presentation of it. Last year someone made a movie of one of the scenes of Go Ask Alice where she had a bad acid trip. Another made a map of everywhere Holden Caulfield went in New York. So it's really up to you."

I look around the room, I didn't know anyone in this class except Jakob. I let out a sigh, every time I look at him I can't help but think back to his birthday, when he kissed me.

"You can work in teams of two."
"Awww." Everyone whines.
"If you're doing a movie then you can use other people in it, they will get extra marks but the planning and 90 percent of the work has to be done by the two team members." Everyone in the class starts to gibber, "Its due in two weeks and now since I'm such a nice teacher I'll give you the rest of the class to get in your groups and start planning out your project, but I know you'll just end up chit chatting so enjoy."

I glance around the room nervously. Jakob stands up from his seat and walks over to me, smiling that crooked smile of his. Damn him. He pulls the empty chair from the desk next to mine, the girl who sits there went off to flirt her lips off.
"So wanna be my partner?" he asks knowing I can't refuse.
"I don't know, I was thinking about going with the kid who picks his nose," I say jokingly, Jakob laughs. Why did he have to laugh?!!!!

"I'll take that as a yes." He smirks, "So did you bother to read any of the books?"
"I only read three, Catcher in the Rye, Go Ask Alice and Mocking bird." He nods.
"I read Catcher, Alice and Harry Potter."
"Okay, so what do you wanna do?"
"Porno!" someone yelps.
"We could do that, or something else," I say as we both start laughing. My legs are freezing, damn school is too cold and I hate this damn skirt.

"We could bring in a sample of every drug used in Go Ask Alice!" Jakob exclaims, I can't help but burst out laughing.
"Or we could do a sort of radio show talking about Alice's death, you know like after they find her body, a news report," I gabble, thinking out loud.
"Yeah, that would be awesome." Jakob nods, I feel like he's agreeing with me so I like him but I'm just paranoid.
"Or we could shoot a video diary thing of her boyfriend after he finds out she died."
"Nah, I prefer the radio show, it's funnier and less serious," He says firmly. Oh good, he's not agreeing with everything I say.
"So we'd need to write a script and-"
"Reese." He laughs, "It's a free class, why are you planning out the project?" I blush a little. "We can work on it tomorrow after school if you want, my house?"
"Uhh yeah, sounds good," I stutter.