Status: Active :) and Just getting started! :D

Arranged British Love

Cinq

It was half past five when I walked back into my room, so it was half past twelve back home in New York. The grey April light was bleakly lighting the room while I turned on my laptop, hoping for an email back from my best friend Mimi. When my inbox had appeared, I was shocked to see that I had seven new messages. One was from Mimi, one was a junk message, and the others...

The other five were from Charlie.

I felt sick and dread was bubbling up from the pit of my stomach. Ignoring the emails from my ex, I deleted the junk mail which was demanding that I brought its dog kennels, and clicked on the email from Mimi.

Yo yo P!

England, that’s cool. The distance...not so cool. But hey, it’s not like the Princess of Wales (am I right?) won’t be allowed to use the Royal jet to ferry her bestest friend in the whole wide World to and from the U to-the K!

I paused to laugh at her enthusiasm; Mimi had always been just a little bit crazy. Then again, so was I. We wouldn’t have anybody to be silly with if we didn’t have each other.

I’ll definitely have to come over for two weeks, screw school...it’s not like dad couldn’t pay for a tutor anyway.

I could almost hear the sarcasm in her mind as she wrote the line; she, like I, resented her family. Her parents were almost as rich as mine, hence the reason why my mother hadn’t separated us during Kindergarten.

I can’t believe we won’t see each other, like, every single day! I will be in mourning until I see (or here from) you again. No jokes. I wasn’t sure if I should tell any of our group so I just left it for now. They’ve been asking where you are, though.

I was surprised that our small group of six friends had been asking after me; many of them were too self-centred to notice my absence. No that was mean. They were great friends, but they were too

I didn’t want to bring it up but...well you have to know. Charlie has been calling me non-stop ever since he found out you were leaving. That’s kind of how I found out about you leaving. I have to admit I was a tad angry that you didn’t tell me first, but do not fear my buddy, I’m way over it, over like mullets :) I have to congratulate you, Phoebe Harriet Brit! I cyber-shake you warmly by the hand. You broke up with that scummy piece of crud.

I smiled warmly, feeling the warmth of her words. Mimi had found out about Charlie hitting me after the first time. I had been at his house when I said something stupid, I provoked him, made him angry. So he hit me. I ran all the way to Mimi’s house, who welcomed me with a fluffy dressing gown and hot chocolate, and tended to my split lip. And black eye. She told me that it wasn’t my fault, but it was, it still is. It’s my fault that he’s angry right now. I can’t explain how relived I am to know that there is an ocean protecting me from his fist.

Ignore him, P, he’s no good for you. Anyhoo, email me back with all the details (E.g. how hot he is and how amazingly cool your new house is :) Miss you loads so hurry up and get that plane over here!

Lots and lots of lurve Mimi

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Gosh that girl can make me feel better. I was grinning, the previous worries forgotten. That is until I clicked the window closed and saw the five emails from Charlie. I didn’t want to read them, just looking at his name made me feel nauseous. Hesitantly, I clicked the oldest one open. Immediately I wished I hadn’t.

P, hi. I’m not quite sure what you were talking about on the phone an hour ago...you don’t want to leave me, baby! We’re in love. You love me. You need me. Call me, now!

Charlie

I sighed in slight relief. That wasn’t that bad, I didn’t feel threatened. Much.

P, why haven’t you emailed me back? Seriously, it’s been half an hour since my last email! We aren’t going to be together much longer if you don’t call, text, or email me RIGHT NOW! Come on babe, don’t give up on us.

My vision was blurring slightly as my eyes welled up with tears, I should call him.

Shouldn’t I?

We were in love, and he was right. I did need him, I was nothing without him. I opened the third and fourth email, both similar in content to the first and second email. But the fifth was...worse.

Phoebe, you bitch, you are going to wish that you were never born when I get through with you. You deserve to be treated like scum by whoever it is you ran away with. Yeah that’s right, people talk and that “friend” of yours let slip that you went to England to marry some guy. Am I really worth that little to you? Don’t you worry, I’ll hunt you done and kill you. And that son of a bitch you’re marrying. I will.

That was when I stopped reading. I couldn’t take it anymore. I slammed the lid of the laptop down and sobbed loudly, pulling my feet up onto the seat and wrapped my arms around my knees. I was busy resting my head on my knees when there was a quiet knock on the door.

“Come in.” I called out softly, raising my head to look over my shoulder at the mahogany door.

I was surprised by the knock on the door, and I was even more surprised seeing that the person to walk in was a (blurry thanks to tears) Ethan.

“Phoebe?” He spoke my name as quietly as he had knocked on the door. “Phoebe, what’s wrong?”

He covered the large room in four strides and pulled me out of my chair and into a strong hug in one swift movement.

When I look back, I realise that it was moments like this that was why I fell in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Please?

Comments = Lurvers you 4 Eva