Status: Active :) and Just getting started! :D

Arranged British Love

Huit

“Right, Phoebe,” Sebastian’s English accent echoed around the enormous and, in the moment of time, empty ballroom aside from a grandfather clock against one wall and a black grand piano in the corner. “About tonight, we haven’t mentioned you to anyone, although this is a dinner party to introduce you to our friends, they only assume that this is your average party. Therefore, we would like to introduce you as Ethan’s girl friend. If that is okay with you.” He didn’t seem like he was giving me a choice in the matter, so I just nodded my head and smiled.

Arabella, who was stood with her arm around her husband’s waist, smiled warmly. “I believe that you have many suitable dresses for tonight, Juliet has her heart set on helping you get ready anyway, so she will no doubt pick a dress for you.”

“Yes, I will!” A shout came from the open double doors leading into the garden. Like the dining room, the ballroom had floor to ceiling windows complete with French doors leading into the garden. The young girl walked into the room, her blond curls bouncing on her shoulders “Go have a shower and we can start picking out what you are going to wear. And I’ll curl your hair for you! I reckon you’ll look great with curly hair.” I laughed and nodded my head.

“Well thank you,” My American accent sounded so different in contrast to my new family’s. “I’m going to go get ready.” I waved as I backed out of the room, not sure whether or not I should turn my back on the King and Queen.

I made my way back upstairs, followed by Juliet. “So, you shower and I’ll pick out your dress!” She instructed when we had entered my room, grinning. “Now, go! It’s already one o’clock!” The young girl pushed me towards the bathroom door.

The bathroom was rather nice; a stone floor with underfloor heating warmed my bear feet, the bottom half of the walls were tiled with marble while the top half was painted white. The two biggest features of the room were a huge bath tub big enough to fit two people comfortably, and a walk-in shower with three, yes three, shower heads. The doors to the shower were glass and went from the floor to the ceiling. I decided upon the bath, figuring that I had time to relax. Twenty minutes later I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body, while I used a second to dry my hair.

“Hey, you’re done!” Unfortunately, it wasn’t the heir to the throne that I was expecting.

My head whipped up when I heard his voice, I was ninety-nine percent sure that I blushed as red as a tomato. “Urr...h-hi.” I stuttered out, pulling my towel, which seemed to have shrunk by twelve inches in the past five seconds, closer around my body. My mind was running through the last time I’d seen him. Thinking about the kiss made my stomach do back flips, and the only thing that kept me from running across the room and leaping into his arms right now was his twelve year old sister standing by my wardrobe, smiling knowingly.

“I was out walking.” He said, feeling like he needed to explain his absence to me.

“Yeah, Juliet told me.”

The young princess piped up then. “Phoebe! It’s already half past one, and I need you to pick out which of the three dresses I’ve chosen! AND I have to do your hair. AND I have to do your make up. AND we have to choose a pair of shoes!” She ran back into the walk-in.

Ethan and I shot a look at each other before following her into the wardrobe. Three dresses were hung up in front of us on the back wall of the wardrobe: one was green with a plunging neckline with jewels that looked suspiciously like emeralds in a line around the waist, the next was a long red dress with a neckline that was a little less revealing than the first, and the last was a strapless black dress accompanied with a thick purple belt tied around the waist.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Juliet’s impatient voice reminded me momentarily of Ethan’s last night. “Try them on! Ethan and I will go back into your bedroom and you come out when you’ve got one of them on.”

The siblings walked out, before Juliet came hurrying back in. “Wait! Try on the black one first.” I nodded my head and sighed as I turned around to grab the black dress.

When I had dressed I walked out into my bedroom. The Prince and Princess of Wales were sat on my bed, and I took a moment to reflect about how strange this all was. I was going to be a Princess...a Queen! I would rule a country. My tummy turned over when I thought of it and I began to have second thoughts about this. I was way over my head.

“Urr...guys, I kind of need to...go!” I said as turned on my heel and ran out of the open door.

Gosh I’m such a scaredy-cat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a while, schools been pretty busy. Ok, enough with the excuses :p I'll hopefully post another chapter today. This one is kinda short, but oh well. Happy reading.