Those Will Be The Best Memories

five

At dinner the next night, everyone sat around the table; Ben at the head with Maddy to his left, Matthew beside her, Maddy’s dad, Jeff, at the other end, Kathy beside him, and Shelly next to Kathy and Ben. Kathy and Madeline had spent the afternoon cooking up a big dinner, with some help from Shelly, and they now had a large, meat lasagna with boiled vegetables and salad.

Madeline’s family was nice enough, but her sister was something else. She was constantly staring at Ben or trying to get his attention. She wore cleavage-bearing tops, leaning over so her breasts spilled out the front of her shirt. She’d move in close to Ben, bodies almost touching, and give him seductive looks with the same green eyes as Maddy.

She was just as pretty as her sister; dark brown hair with bright green eyes, a pale complexion and pink lips, but she was also nineteen years old and his girlfriend’s sister.

It was then that Ben noticed how close Shelly was to him; only a few fingers apart. Her knee was resting beside his, and he could smell her perfume more than he could his own wife’s. Shelly made him nervous. There was no denying that.

“So Ben, how was practice today?” Maddy asked her boyfriend as she put a piece of the lasagna on a fork for Matthew.

“It was good, tiring. We worked on rushing and our penalty kills. Oh, and we leave on Sunday night for our three day road trip,” he said, shoveling the lasagna and vegetables into his mouth.

Maddy nodded.

“How was everyone else’s day? What’d you all do?” Ben asked, making polite conversation as felt Shelly’s knee lean against his own.

Maddy shrugged, “Not a whole lot. Shelly and I went shopping for a little while but that was it.”

Ben nodded, “What’d you guys shop for?”

Shelly giggled beside him and leaned even closer to Ben, “Lot’s of stuff, we got new bikini’s too.”

Ben stared at his food and bit his lip. He nodded once and went back to shoveling food into his mouth as Kathy carried on the conversation. Maddy put in her two cents every one in a while but mainly listened and watched Matthew as he ate his food.

She could see how close Shelly was to Ben and she was starting to get worried. Did she have a crush on him or something?

No, she couldn’t. She’d never do that to Maddy.

Ben coughed loudly catching everyone’s attention. He cleared his throat quickly and excused himself for a few minutes. Ben walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter breathing loudly as he covered his face with his hands.

Maddy walked in with a frown on her face and placed her hand on his back, causing him to jump; something very unlike him. He turned his blue eyes to face Maddy and she gave him a small smile, kissing his lips quickly.

“What happened babe? Food not good?” She asked, rubbing his back continuously.

Ben snorted and shook his head, “It’s not the food, everything’s perfect.”

Maddy frowned, her eyebrows creasing.

“Did something happen at practice?” Maddy questioned.

Once again, Ben shook his head, chewing on his lip. He wasn’t sure he should tell her, especially right now during dinner.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll tell you later,” Ben answered, waving it off and standing back up.

Maddy folded her arms and raised her eyebrow, “No, tell me what’s going on. You never stomp out of a room without a confrontation.”

Ben bit his lip hard and breathed heavily through his nose.

“I, it’s just … your uhh, your sister um,” Ben started

“Just say it!”

“God Maddy, she grabbed my balls!”

Madeline was quiet. Actually, she was silent.

“Shelly … she what?” Maddy asked putting her hand to her cheek.

Ben groaned quietly and shook his head, “She kept getting closer to me and giving me flirty looks and then all of a sudden she just… grabbed me!”

Madeline fell back into the table, pushing it back and making a big ‘bang’.

“Madeline, Ben? Is everything alright?” Kathy asked from the dining room.

“We’re fine mom,” Maddy said pushing her face into his hands.

Ben sighed and walked over to his girlfriend, wrapping her into his arms, “Nothing’s going to happen; I love you and only you.”

“Ben, my sister hit on you. She grabbed your fucking balls. Only I can grab those,” she cried into his chest.

Ben stifled a laugh.

“It’s not funny! Ben, what am I going to say to her?”

Ben shook his head, “Nothing, don’t worry about it. Maybe it was a mistake.”

Madeline shook her head this time, “No Ben, you don’t grab someone by mistake. She wants you. Oh my gosh, my sister wants my boyfriend!”

Ben grabbed a few tissues and wiped her eyes as a few hysterical tears ran from her eyes. He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back.

“Just, forget I said anything alright? Don’t make a big deal about it,” Ben whispered, standing her up.

Maddy nodded and sniffed, “Are my eyes red?”

Ben said no.

They walked back into the dining room together, Ben sitting down and moving his chair closer to Madeline’s chair. He made a quick face at Matthew causing him to giggle until he noticed that Madeline wasn’t sitting down.

“Shelly?”

Shelly looked up from her food and smiled at her sister, “What’s up?”

Maddy licked her lips, “Can I talk to you in the kitchen. Now.”