Status: completed! <3

I Miss You

It Was My Fault

The last time we touched was so long ago. I wish we could restart. I wish you wouldn’t have left me. It’s my fault. I repeat these words whenever I enter my bedroom. That’s where it happened. That’s where he left me.” I spoke my words making me frown.
“Why do you believe this is your fault?” Dr. Nore quizzed me while jotting things down in his small black book.
“I could have stopped it. It didn’t have to happen that way. It was my fault.” I spoke in a monotone voice. This therapy was really taking its toll on my sleep. This Doctor always wanted me to answer the same questions and remember things that I’ve tried to push into the past.
“Now let’s reminisce. Tell me about that cool spring day on March 28th 2007.” He spoke as he raised his eyebrow.
Great I get to go over the story again.. Perfect.

March 28th 2007

As I stepped outside into the rain it seemed as though my life was perfect as can be. I was 26 years old, had an amazing husband who loved me. Though I never knew that my seemingly perfect story was about to be shredded to ruins. For when I stepped out into that rain I didn’t know that I would soon be a widower.
I crossed the short distance between the driveway and the front door with hurried steps. My hair would be wrecked. Oh the little things that use to worry me. I unlocked the door with haste and hurried into the house. No, my house. After un-doing my shoes and plopping them in the closet I yelled up the stairs, “Justin? Are you home?” I walked up the stairs taking my time trying to pad down my now frizzy head of hair.

A large bang came from my bedroom and I walked towards it quickly, “Justin, is everything...” I paused and my eyes widened as I stepped through the threshold to my room. There he was, my Justin with his mouth duck-taped and what looked to be a bullet wound in his left leg. I took the duck-tape off slowly trying not to cause him pain.
“What happened?” My tears flowing at the same rate as the rain outside. “Run, quickly go get help! Leave now! Please I don’t want you to get hurt!” He spoke as he glanced around the room. He looked as if he’d just seen a ghost. “Who did this to you?” I asked trying to wipe my tears and be brave enough for the both of us.

“I did.” I heard a chuckling coming from our en-suite bathroom. “Who the hell are you! Why did you do this?!” I screamed fury building up inside me. I marched up to the bathroom door and opened it. “You a**-hole! Why would you do this?” I screamed at the seemingly empty bathroom. In an instant I had a shot gun to my head, the heat of it burning my skin. I screamed in pain as the searing hot gun was removed. I grabbed my forehead in shock. “Don’t try anything stupid or you’ll have more then just a burn to remember me by.” The voice came from behind me.

The shooter was wearing a black ski mask, covering anything I would be able to use in police reports. Justin was crying, “Please don’t hurt her!” I was breaking-down now, unable to stop myself. “Fine then, I’ll just get it over with.” The man laughed as he pointed the gun, aimed, and shot. It wasn’t me who had got the shot to the head. But it was me who got strangled until I was unconscious. And it was me who watched my husband get shot. And it was me that found out that Justin had a debt. And it was my fault.

I miss you Justin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello !
Hope you enjoyed it!
Comments are great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love Emerai!