How Can I Love Him

A Normal Morning

Kelia was sound asleep in her bed but then woke up to the sound of the local traffic outside her house and her alarm clock. She groaned and five minutes later she got out of bed. She stood and stretched while looking out the window next to her bed. Her room was really random with no set theme.

Her walls were painted a pale orange with white carpeting. She had four pieces of furniture in her room. Her bed with its blue comforter and white pillows, an end table on the bed's left side, a desk with her random stuff with a small chair, and her dresser which was at a diagonal in a corner on the far side of the room next to her closet.

She walked to her closet and opened its door to show her many colored attire.

"What to wear, what to wear," Kelia said as she then just picked out a white tank top, a black hoodie and a pair of black sneakers at the bottom of the closet.

She set the clothing and shoes on her bed and walked to her dresser then picked out a pair of jeans. She took off all her clothes, put on clean undergarments then put on the rest of her clothes.

"Alright, time to finish getting ready," Kelia said as she grabbed her dirty clothes and put them in a hamper next to her door.

She walked back to her bed and made it then grabbed her red bookbag. All of her homework was in it and completed. She walked to the bathroom next to her with her bag.

There were four doors in the upstairs of her house. Her door is across the stairs. The bathroom door next to hers, the laundry room door across it and finally her dad's room that was at the end of the hallway.

Her dad, Howard Sayer, was the sheriff in their town of Rock Island, Illinois. He wasn't home now, he leaves at five in the morning to go to work and usually doesn't get home until late at night. Her mother died giving birth to her, she doesn't even know what her name was. There were no pictures of her in the house either, even in dad's room.

Kelia set her bookbag on the toilet and looked at herself in the mirror above the sink. She saw her forest green mid-back length hair in knots, her skin pale yet had a light color, her blue eyes looked awake and she looked at how the outfit fit her small body.

"I'll have to lay off working out a bit," she said as she turned to the her side and saw that she was flat and looked good.

She smiled then brushed her hair and left it down. She brushed her teeth and rinsed with mouthwash. She cleaned her lips with a white washcloth from any leftover toothpaste then grabbed her bag then ran downstairs.

The stairs led to the living room with sliding glass doors to the left that led to the backyard. The walls were tan with a green cushion sofa, a maple circular coffee table and a HDTV mounted on the wall across the room with a maple shelf case filled with DVDs. To the right was the kitchen with a half-wall and bar counter. The sink was overlooking into the the living room with small counter space on both sides, a slat-top stove and oven was on the left. The fridge was right next to it.

Kelia walked into the kitchen and set her bag on the bar then walked to a cupboard above the stove to show many boxes of cereal.

"Hmm, what to eat," she said as she looked at the boxes then decided on cinnamon life cereal.

She took a bowl out of the cupboard next to it and poured the cereal into it. She put the cereal back, closed the cupboards and grabbed the milk from the fridge. She poured the milk in the bowl and put it back in the fridge.

"Time to eat," she said as she grabbed a spoon then started to eat the cereal.

She looked over at the clock on the stove to see it read 6:55 a.m. She shifted her leg a bit as she ate on the bar then felt what she was looking for.

Her leg brushed against the hilt of a pistol taped under the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this chapter was a bit boring but it was to show you the character Kelia as well as the house that she lives in.

Here is what she looks like:
Kelia