How Can I Love Him

Dinner with Heath

Heath and Kelia stayed that was for some time then she looked up at him.

"How about the drive-thru," he asked and she nodded but didn't let go.

"Kelia, I have to get to the seat," he said but she still didn't let go.

Heath then got into the truck and closed the door but slipped a bit and his face was within inches of hers. Their eyes widened and she let go but he didn't move and looked her in the eyes. She looked him in the eyes then he pulled back and got into his seat.

"Sorry about that, I uh slipped," he said and she nodded then he backed out of the parking spot and drove to the drive-thru.

"Hello, may I take your order," a little speaker said as Heath pulled up next to it.

"Yeah, can I get two big macs with fries. Both meals and a sprite and coke," he said and the box said the price then he drove to the next window. He paid for the food, got the food and drinks then drove to the same parking spot. He left the truck on and handed Kelia a big mac and fries.

"Thanks," she said and took the food and held them.

"Here, you can eat on this," he said and pulled down the divider for a flat surface.

"Again, thanks," she said and set her food on the surface then Heath put his food down on it as well and the drinks. They both started to eat.

Kelia finished her burger and started to eat her fries but then Heath held her hand that reached for the fries.

"Kelia, slow down. We will be back to your dad soon. Otherwise you'll choke," he said and she looked at him.

"Kelia, please," he said and she nodded then he let go of her hand.

Her hand stayed where it was for a couple of minutes then grabs the food and puts it in the bag it all came in. She pulled the center console up then leaned over and rested her head on his chest.

"If you don't mind," she said and then Heath smiled and wrapped his arm around her and pulled her up a bit to be more comfortable.

"I don't mind at all, Kelia, as long as it is you," he said and she smiled.

Kelia always felt safe and comfortable around Heath but for some reason she didn't feel that way at all this moment. She thought of the man with green eyes instead of her father.