How Can I Love Him

The Savior's Identity

Heath and Kelia stayed in each other's arms but then a phone started to ring.

"It's my phone," Heath said and pulled his phone from his pocket and answered it.

"Hello...yeah...will be there. Bye," he said and hung up the phone and put it away.

"Who was it," she asked.

"Officer Cam, he said your dad is out of surgery and in room D-6," he said and she sat up then Heath pulled out of the parking spot and lot.

Each floor of the hospital is divided into five levels, each one beginning with a letter then a number. The A floor was the floor above the main floor and D was the top floor also known as ICU.

They arrived at the hospital and Heath pulled into a parking spot near the door. Kelia got out before he turned off the truck and ran with Heath running behind her. They got into an elevator and took it to the top floor. The elevator stopped then opened and Kelia rushed to her dad's room then walked in. She sees her father laying in his hospital bed with bandages on his arms and eyes as well as a water pouch attached to his arm through a needle. There was also a heart monitor attached to his chest.

She sees Cam in a chair on her dad's left then gets up and leaves with Heath while closing the door behind them. She takes a seat in a chair on her dad's right side then took his right hand into hers. She started to rub his hand then looked at his chest, seeing it rise and fall in a normal pattern.

"I'm so glad to see you fighting this old man," places his hand on her cheek, "just fight more so we can go home. Don't leave and say hi to mom yet," she said and started to cry a bit. She then felt his fingers wipe over her eyes. She looked at him and smiled.

"Kelia, is that you," he asked and he turned his head to face her.

"It's me dad, you can't see because of the bandages," she said and smiled.

"That's not it, I can't even see them. Are they white or black," he asked and she felt herself choke realizing that he was blind.

"By the sound of that choke, they must be white then," he said then the door opened and Kelia looked to see it was a female doctor.

"I'm Dr. Fera, I'm here to give him his sleeping and pain medicine," she said.

"May I have five more minutes with my daughter," Howard asked and Dr. Fera nodded.

"Alright, five more minutes," she said and closed the door.

"Kelia, I need to ask you something," he said.

"What is it dad," Kelia asked.

"Did any of those men touch you or harm you," he asked.

"No, another man dressed in black with green eyes made sure of that. He even took a bullet for me," she said and he nodded.

"Good, did he tell you his name," he asked and Kelia shook her head.

"No, he kept that from me. Do you know who it is," she asked.

"Yes, that man's name is Korn. He's someone we can trust, Kelia," he said and she nodded then the doctor came in.

"Alright, time for you to leave Kelia," she said

"Is it alright if I stared here the night," Kelia asked.

"No, Kelia, you need a good night's rest," Howard said then she nodded and kissed him on the cheek.

"Alright dad, I'll be back tomorrow morning," she said then let go of him and walked out of the room while thinking of the man's name, Korn.