How Can I Love Him

Lovebirds?

Kelia walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

"Heath, can you take me home," Kelia asked and Heath nodded.

"Sure, let's go. How is he," he asked as they walked to the elevator and he looked at her.

"Breathing, talking and now blind," she said and looked at him.

"I'm sorry Kel-Kel," he said and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm just glad he's still alive. I'm very thankful for that," she said and the elevator door opened.

"That is true, I'm glad that you survived as well," he said as they walked onto the elevator then took it down to the first floor.

"Me too," she said and they walked out the elevator and front door to his truck.

Heath opened her door and she got in then he closed the door behind her. He walked to the other side and got in then started the truck. He backed out of the parking space and Kelia yawned then started to feel how tired she was.

"Here, you need to sleep," Heath said and pulled the center console up.

"But where would I put my head," she said and yawned again.

"On me lap, you'll get a headache if you try sleeping while sitting," he said and she nodded, kicked off her shoes then laid down with her head on his lap.

"I bet this feels odd to you, huh," she asked as Heath rubber her right temple.

"Not at all, get some rest Kelia," he said and she closed her eyes then started to sleep.

Heath slowed the truck down a bit so she could sleep. He kept rubbing her temple while feeling how soft her hair was and felt how soft her cheek was. Kelia moved closer to him and was still asleep. He smiled and then sees her house coming up. He pulls into the driveway, parks the truck and turns it off. He looks down at Kelia and sees that she was still fast asleep. He then opened his door carefully and picked her up bridal style. Her head was on his chest and her arms were on her lap instead of hanging.

He closed the door with his foot then walked to the door. He tightened his grip on her with his right arm then opened the door with her left. He put his left arm back on her then walked into the house. He closed the door with his foot quietly and walked through the kitchen up the stairs to her room.

He pulled back the cover on her bed and placed her on the bed. Her head on one of the two pillows.

"I'll be downstairs on the couch Kelia, you won't be alone," he said as he started to put the covers on her but then she woke up and placed a hand on his left hand that was pulling the covers.

"You're not going to leave, are you," she asked and looked at him.

"I'll be on the couch Kel-Kel," he said but then she grabbed his other hand.

"Stay with me, I don't want to sleep alone after what happened," she said and he was hesitant at first.

He looked her in the eyes and saw that she didn't want him to leave at all.

"Alright, Kelia," he said and kicked his shoes off then got under the covers and pulled it over them.

Kelia rested her head on her shoulder as Heath laid with his head on the pillow. Heath wrapped his arm around her with his hand on her right side where her shirt exposed her skin. She tried to get comfortable but then, without warning, he lifted his shoulder her head was on and had her head on his chest. She burried her head further into his chest and placed her right hand on his chest then fell asleep to the sound of his heart beating.

Heath watched as she slept and could smell the shampoo in her hair. It smelled like the gentle breeze of the ocean. He soon fell asleep with a smile, enjoying that his one dream of him and Kelia came true.