How Can I Love Him

Betrayal

The sun shined in Kelia's room onto her face, telling her to wake up.

"Damn sun...," Kelia said and opened her eyes then looked up at Heath to see he was still asleep.

She started to get out of bed using her hand on his chest but stopped and felt how muscled he truly was. She looked at his face, lightly glowing from the sun and she thought of how handsome he looked.

'No, I can't think of him this way. He's my best friend for peace's sake' she though and got out of the bed then walked out of the room.

She walked to the kitchen then started to make some pancakes from a box in the cupboard above the stove. She was still making pancakes after ten minutes then she heard movement.

'Not this time, I won't coward like yesterday' she thought then reached under the sink and felt the small pistol's handle in her hand. She already had it ready to fire but then she heard Heath yawning and he came into her view.

"Hey Kel-Kel," he said as she took her hand off the gun and closed the door to hide it.

"Morning, breakfast," she said and handed him a plate of pancakes.

"Thanks," he said and takes it then walks to the couch and sits down.

She sat down next to him with her plate and they ate. It was silent as they ate then they both finished after five minutes.

"I'll clean up and you can get ready," he said and she nodded then gave her plate to him.

She walked up to her room and closed the door behind her. She walked over to her closet and picked out a white sleeveless turtleneck shirt with light blue jeans and a pair of white sneakers. She changed into the outfit with clean undergarments.

"I wonder how dad is," she said as she walked over to her deak and opened a drawer to see there was a small black felt box.

"What's this," she said and opened the box to see it was a silver bracelet with a diamond shaped center with an angel engraved onto the back.

"This is the bracelet dad described to me one time, he said it was mother's but he also said he got rid of everything that belongs to her. Why is it here," she said and took it out then clasped it onto her right wrist.

She opened her door and walked to the bathroom where she brushed her hair and pulled it into a high ponytail. She then sprayed some juniper breeze body spray on and brushed her teeth. She finished with everything in the bathroom then walked down the stairs. She was about to say hi to Heath but then she heard his voice and stopped where he couldn't see her.

"Listen, we have to get rid of this guy or the boss's plan is gone." pause "You think I don't know that! I'm perfectly aware of the situation." pause "Well, then we will find this Korn and kill him," he said and Kelia's eyes widened and she reached under the bar and grabbed a hidden switchblade knife and hid it behind her.

She walked back up the steps and grabbed her phone, keys and gum then put them all into her pockets as well as the knife.

"Hey, you ready to see your dad," she heard Heath say and looked to see he was in her doorway with his arms crossed across his chest.