How Can I Love Him

End of Day, Finally

Kelia kept unpacking then finished with a picture of her with her dad on the windowsill while looking out at the new world.

"So, this is where I end up," she said and then looked back at the picture.

She stayed in the window with the ipod playing for half-an-hour. She felt someone was at the door and looked to see it was her aunt.

"Dinner is done," Clara said and walked away from the door then down the steps.

Kelia looked out the window one last time as the sun was setting then got up. She turned off the ipod and walked down the stairs and turned right to the back of the house where the kitchen was. She walked in and saw Clara had prepared chicken parmesan with mashed potatoes and green beans.

"Looks good," Kelia said as her aunt was setting the table for two people.

"Richard is at a friend's house, he won't be back to join us," Clara said and started putting food on the plates.

"Ahh, doesn't he always leave and get drunk at a buddy's place," Kelia asked and she grabbed two clear glass cups and filled them with milk then set them on the table.

"Only on certain days does he do that, Kelia, you know that," Clara said and Kelia nodded then they both sat at the table across from each other.

They both ate in silence the whole time then Kelia finished first. She got up from the table with the dirty dishes, put them in the dishwasher and closed the dishwasher.

"I'll be in bed," Kelia said and walked up to the room then locked the door behind her.

She grabbed a clean pair of undergarments from the dresser and a big white shirt from the closet then opened the other door in the room to show a bathroom with its own shower and toilet. The bathroom had red walls with everything else white. It was a big enough bathroom for two people to be in without crowding the other. The shower was a corner stall with glass doors. The toilet was off to the right side of the door and the mirror with the sink was on the left. Kelia closed the door behind her and set the new clothes on the toilet while getting a towel from a small white cabinet and set the towel on the towel holder next to the shower.

"Time for a nice, warm shower," she said as she turned the water until it was the right temperature then undressed herself and got in.

She went through the whole process of taking a shower then turned the water off and grabbed her towel then wrapped herself. She walked out to the mirror and looked at her reflection. Her hair was wet and everywhere with no style to it at all. It looked dark forest green. She brushed her hair out then dried herself off and put the clean clothes on. She brushed her teeth then walked out of the bathroom to the bed and crawled into it then fell fast asleep as soon as her head was on the pillow.