How Can I Love Him

First Day of New School

Kelia was fast asleep and deep in a dream but then an alarm clock sounded and she woke up to see out the window there was no sun out. It was dark and she flipped over in bed to see the clock read 6a.m.

"Great," she said then groaned as she sat up in bed then got out.

She walked to the closet and dresser then picked out green undergarments and a green skin tight long sleeved shirt with a black tank top on top with denim jeans and black sneakers. Kelia then walked to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Looking good, except for the hair," she said and pulled out her brush from the drawer and started brushing out her hair.

She left her hair down and walked out the bathroom and bedroom then down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning Kelia," Clara said as she was cooking breakfast and Kelia walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," Kelia said as she walked to the kitchen table where a camo messenger bag was waiting with three textbooks and five notebooks with a file organizer.

"I got everything your school said you would need," Clara said as Kelia opened the bag and saw on the body were some mechanical pencils in two holders, a red and blue pen in another and a yellow highlighter in the last holder.

"Thanks," Kelia said and Clara placed a plate with a blueberry pancake, a hashbrown and three pieces of bacon next to the bag as well as a cup of orange juice.

"You have twenty minutes, directions to the school is next to your keys at the key holder. I have to head to work, see you tomorrow," Clara said as she walked towards the door.

"Tomorrow," Kelia asked.

"Yeah, I'm working many shifts today. I won't be able to see you with everything going on so have a good day and good night," Clara said and walked out the front door.

Kelia ate her food while looking at a small map of the school and her schedule.

"Yeah, I'll be lose on the first day no matter what," she said as she placed the plate in the dishwasher and grabbed her school stuff then walked to the front door and grabbed her keys.

She walked to her car and put her stuff on the passenger seat and got into the driver seat. She started the car then the radio turned on. She took the CD in the player out and replaced it with the CD 'An Ocean Between Us' by As I Lay Dying. The song 'I Never Wanted' came on as she put her seatbelt on then backed out onto the road. Kelia eventually arrived at the school and pulled into the parking spot number on her schedule. She could feel everyone looking at her as she turned the car off.

"Great, first day attention," she said as she grabbed her ipod and put the ear buds in, put the songs on shuffle, grabbed her bag and got out of the car.