How Can I Love Him

Time For School

Kelia finished eating her cereal and placed the bowl in the sink then grabbed her book bag and opened its front zipper. In it was her silver Nokia tracphone, ipod touch and a small swiss army knife.

Her father always made sure she was protected. There were weapons all over the house as well as her car.

"Time to go to school," Kelia said as she grabbed her car keys from the key holder on the left side of the door. She opened the door to show a small front porch with some chairs as well as two steps that let to the small front yard. Next to it was a two car driveway on her right.

She smiled as she looked at her 1980 Datsun 280zx. She walked to her car, unlocked it then opened the door. She set her bag on te passenger seat and got in the driver seat then closed the door.

There was black leather seats with tan lining, black console, black dash, tan speedometers, black steering wheel and black pedals. In place of the shifter were two cup holders. Her dad took the shifter out, redid the transmission and puts the cup holders in it.

She put the key in, started the car, changed the music to her CD "Comalies" by Lacuna Coil. She started backing out but then a car drove by honking his horn and cursed at her.

"Damn, watch where you're going," she said and sighed then backed out and drove to her school.

The town was like a beacon for gang violence, gangsters, pimps and anything else that revolved around danger at every turn. It was a town that may wouldn't want to live in but that part is only a quarter of the town.

Ten minutes later, Kelia arrives at school and pulls into her parking spot. The car was still on as she felt every student look at her then quickly turned away.

There was only one fact of being the chief's daughter that is both good and bad, everyone knew who she is.