How Can I Love Him

Music Is In Our Hearts

Kelia finished her homework in two hours and looked at her clock to see that it read 5:30 p.m. She looked out the window then saw the sun looked like it was beginning to set. She then looked at her guitar next to the desk and it started to sing to her to play it.

"I can't, not now," Kelia said and looked away to face out the window but then she saw her uncle pull into the driveway.

He parked the car then got out holding a six pack of bud light but there were only five in it.

"Great, he's drinking and driving again. Not it's time to go," Kelia said as she grabbed the guitar and a song book hidden under her laptop.

"Must have grabbed this when I grabbed my laptop. Glad I did bring it," she said as she grabbed her phone and keys then ran down the steps and out the front door passed her uncle.

"Bye, see ya some other time," Kelia said to her uncle, put her stuff in the passenger seat and got in the driver seat.

Her uncle didn't do anything but grabbed another beer and walked into the house.

Kelia shook her head at the sight of her uncle then started the car and drove out of the driveway then onto the road.

"Aunt Clara left a note with directions to this new instructor's place somewhere," she said and opened the glove box to see an orange piece of paper.

She grabbed it and opened it to see it was an address.

"391 North Sorwik Road, what kind of an address is that," Kelia asked as she kept driving then turned her headlights on as the sun only showed orange in the sky.

She found the building that match the address and parked in front of it. It was nicely decorated but could use another coat of paint in some places. It was a two floor building and had alley space between the buildings on either side of it. Kelia turned off the car, grabbed her stuff and got out then walked up to the front door.

"This looks more like someone's house than a studio," she said as she knocked on the door but no one answered.

"Hello, is anyone home," she asked the door but it didn't budge and the black curtains didn't move either.

"Great, now what," she said and started to leave but then heard a can being knocked over in the alley.

"Hello," Kelia said as she reached into her pocket and felt her swiss army knife then grasped it just in case.

She looked into the alley and saw a side door into the building was open and a light was on.

"Well, at least someone is home," she said as she walked down into the alley and heard 'Numb' by Linkin Park music was playing inside.

"That would explain why there was no answer. Is anyone here," she asked again but again no answer as she walked inside and the smell of anti-bacterial cleaner was in the air.

The floor was wooden with some chairs scattered in many places with the music holder near them, the walls were white with random band posters on the walls, and many ceiling lights. She closed the door behind her and sat in one of the seats. She looked towards the front and saw the front door as well as two sets of windows with black curtains on either side of the door. There was also another door but it was closed.

"Well, might as well start to play until the instructor gets here," she said and sat then started to strum the guitar strings to match the ones in her book for the song 'Black Roses Red' and kept playing.

The notes of the guitar drifted throughout the studio and into the closed door where a set of ears caught the notes as he was cleaning some of the guitars in the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So everyone knows, I have the characters play music already recorded by another artist. I can't make up my own music plus these songs really help to express what my characters are feeling. I don't own any of these songs.

'Black Roses Red' by Alana Grace