How Can I Love Him

Time With Korinth

The last bell of the day finally rang and Kelia was waiting at Korinth's locker. He was walking down the hall and they smiled when they saw each other.

"How was class," he asked.

"It was alright, boring. Yours," Kelia asked as he opened his locket.

"Same, oh and I think I saw your guitar in the office," Korinth said and then the loud speaker came on.

"Would Kelia Grater please come to the office," the speaker said and turned off.

"Let's go pick it up," he said and closed his locker.

"Yeah, don't want them teachers touching it too much," she said and they walked to the office.

Korinth opened the door and let her in first then he walked in behind her.

"Miss. Grater, your Aunt Clara dropped this off for you," a woman said at the front desk and pointed to her guitar case.

Kelia walked over to the case and opened it to see her guitar was in it. It was black with light purple flowers on its left side growing from big to small.

"Thanks," Kelia said and closed the case then grabbed the case and walked out with Korinth to the student parking lot.

"Well, looks like you don't have to drive home first," he said and she nodded.

"Yeah, follow you there," she asked as they walked to their cars.

"Sure, just try to keep up," he said and they smiled then got into their cars.

Both their cars came to life at the same time then Korinth backed out first then drove a bit away for Kelia to have room to back out. Kelia backed out the followed close behind Korinth to his building. Korinth stopped in front of the building with Kelia parked behind him. Kelia got out of her car as Korinth did then they grabbed their stuff.

"As soon as you walk in there are a flight of stairs on your right. I'll meet you upstairs," he said as they walked to the door and opened it for her.

"Okay," she said as she walked in and walked up the stairs.

Korinth walked in, closed the door behind him and watched her walk up the stairs then walked over to the instrument room.

Kelia could hear Korinth unlock a door and the instruments being shuffled around. She walked up the last step and saw the whole new floor of the building. The scent of apples and cinnamon overcame her senses. The flooring was still wood and the walls were painted a dark red color. There were two windows with black curtains and they were closed as well. The only lighting was from two sources, a ceiling fan light and a small light on a table between two black chairs and a love seat on the other side of them. There was also a small opened kitchen with wooden cabinets and old looking yet workable appliances. That was all in the far right back corner. The far left side of the room was sealed off with a door hiding what was in it.

"That must be the bathroom," Kelia said and walked into the room then set her stuff down on it.

She looked up and saw in a corner she couldn't see from the stairs was a king size bed with red and black comforter on it with pillows the same color as the wall.

"Korinth really does live here," Kelia said.

"Yeah I do. Don't got anywhere else to go," Korinth said as he walked up the steps with his stuff and Kelia jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Dang, don't do that Korinth," Kelia said and turned to face him as he set his stuff next to hers on the love seat.

"Okay, well would you like something to drink," he asked as he walked to the kitchen.

"Yes please," she said and looked back at the bed thinking it was familiar to her.