How Can I Love Him

Kelia's Best Friend - Heath

Kelia turned the car off, grabbed her bag and got out while grabbed her keys. She closed the door, locked the car and walked towards the school with her bag on her back with one strap.

"Kelia," someone said and Kelia looked to see it was her friend Heath.

Heath and Kelia go way back. They have been friends since she was eight and he was ten. Heath had brown shoulder length hair with a bit of a red tint to it, silver/gray eyes, black long sleeved shirt that showed how skinny and muscled he was, jeans and black sneakers. Heath was also the star player in every sport he played. He played lacrosse, baseball, soccer and basketball. Heath is nineteen and is a senior in high school.

"Hey, Heath, what's up," Kelia asked.

"Nothing much, you," Heath asked.

"Same," she said as they walked to the school.

"Anything new going on," he asked and Kelia looked up at him.

"Not, not really. It's been really boring lately. How about you," she asked.

"Pretty much the same," he said as he opened a door and she walked in.

"See ya around," he said and closed the door then walked to his class.

Kelia walked to her seat in the back of the room and took out her book, notebook and a pencil.

The classes all day dragged on but then the final bell finally rang. Kelia looked at her planner and saw she had homework in every class.

"Damn, I'll be up a bit doing all this," she said as she walked out of her classroom and walked to her locker.

She opened it, got the books she needed then closed it and walked to the student parking lot. Kelia was still walking to her car then she felt someone wrap an arm around her shoulders. She grabbed the person's arm and flipped them over. She then saw it was Heath on the ground.

Damn, sorry Heath but you know better than to do that to me," Kelia said and held her hand out for him as he groaned.

"Yeah, you'd thank that," Heath said and took her hand and she pulled him up.

"You don't normally do this, Heath. Was there something you wanted?"

"Yeah, actually, I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow's a tuesday night though, why not friday," she asked and he pulled out two tickets then smiled.

"I already got the tickets, paid and non-refundable. Would you like to come," he asked and she smiled.

"Alright, a movie sounds good. What time," she asked.

"It's at eight," hands her a ticket, "I'll pick you up around seven to get some dinner before the movie," he said and she nodded.

"Alright," she said and takes the ticket then puts it into her agenda.

"Cool, see you tomorrow then," he said as he walked to his black Dodge Ram Srt 10.

Kelia walked to her car and got in after unlocking it and set her stuff in the passenger seat. She started the car and switched her CD to 'Riot' by Paramore and the song Miser Business started to play. She backed out and drove out of the parking lot then a horn honked and she looked to see it was Heath behind her. She honked back and turned right while he turned left and gunned the engine. She heard its loud rumble, smiled and kept driving.

"Show off," she said and laughed then started to sing with the CD.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heath