How Can I Love Him

A Wet Night

Korinth and Kelia eventually finished eating their food after stealing each other's fries.

"Alright, let's get going before the weather gets worst," Korinth said as he got out of the booth then held his hand out to her.

"Yeah, I agree with that," Kelia said taking his hand and he helped her out of the booth then he left a five dollar tip on the table.

They walked together away from the table to the front entrance. He opened the door for her and let her walk out first with him close behind her.

"Thank you," she said as they walked to the car.

"For what," he asked as he opened her car door for her.

"For being there for me," she said as she smiled then got into the car.

"I'll always be here for you if you need anything," Korinth said and smiled then closed her door.

Kelia watched as Korinth walked around the front of the car to his door. He opened the door and got in. He started up the car as a bolt of lighting struck through the sky and thunder soon followed after it. He turned the car on and the time flashed it was ten o'clock.

"Wow, that late already," Kelia said and yawned as Korinth pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road.

"It sure is," he said as it started to rain and he focused his eyes on the road while she looked at him.

"Yeah," she said and yawned again.

"Get some sleep, I'll wake you when we are at the house," he said and she nodded then rested her head against the head rest, facing him and fell asleep.

Korinth looked over at her and smiled then looked back forward. He kept driving then felt something on his shoulder. He looked to see her head was on his shoulder fast asleep. He took one hand off the wheel and wrapped his arm around her.

The rain started to hit harder and faster making the road somewhat invisible. He pulled off to the side of the road and saw his house was next to the car.

"Kelia, time to wake up," he said as he tried shaking her awake but she was deep in sleep.

He turned the car off then put Kelia back into her seat. He took his coat off and wrapped it over her then opened the door. He grabbed the keys and ran out to the house door. He unlocked it and set the keys on the table. He ran back to the car and closed his door. He opened her door then picked her up bridal style with her head in his chest. He closed the door with his foot and ran in four steps to the house and walked in. He shut the door with his foot and walked up the steps to the second floor.

"You're going to have to spend the night here, Kelia. The weather will only get worst and I'm not letting you drive in it," he said as he looked down at her.

Her hair was a bit wet but her face was dry and looked peaceful. Her pants were wet and her shirt may be wet thanks to his shirt. Her eyes started to open and saw he was looking at her and his arms were around her.