How Can I Love Him

Love Is Worth the Pain

They kept looking at each other while he was holding her. He made no move to put her down while she made no move to want to leave his arms.

"The rain got worse, you're going to have to spend the night," he said and she nodded.

"Well, could I have some dry clothes," she said and he nodded then walked up the steps to his bed.

"You can have my old shirt and sweat pants, I'll lock up while you get dressed," he said and set her down on the bed then grabbed a black shirt and sweatpants from his dresser.

"Thank you," she said as she took the clothes he handed to her and set them on the bed next to her.

"Your welcome, yell down when you're dressed," he said and walked down the stairs.

Kelia took off her wet clothes and set them on the floor for now. She put the new clothes on and pulled her hair out of the shirt. She grabbed her clothes and walked to the bathroom. She spread them out on the tub and towel rack. She dropped her shirt and bent to pick it up when she noticed there was a pistol with a piece of a shirt wrapped around the handle.

"Since when did he have this here," she said and picked up her shirt and spread it out with the rest of her clothes.

She walked out of the bathroom and saw Korinth was walking up the steps and without a shirt on. She noticed he had a full left side tribal like tattoo as well as a couple of scars like he got stabbed or something and even scars from bullets. There were only a couple and they were hidden under his tattoo but still a bit noticeable. Other than that, he was tone and muscled where there was suppose to be muscle.

"You alright, its been ten minutes since I left you up here," he said and walked over to her.

"I'm fine," she said and looked down at the floor as he stood in front of her.

She saw he wasn't wearing anything on his feet then he placed his fingers under her chain. She looked up at him and saw concern in his eyes.

"I just remembered when I was held at gun point then a man in black with green eyes saved my life," she said and he nodded.

"Sounds like this guy really like you," he said and before she could respond, thunder roared and lightning flashed the entire room. She wrapped her arms tight around him and he wrapped his arms around her. They stayed that way then he started pat her head lightly to calm her down. She didn't left go of him so he picked her up under her arms, put her feet onto his and walked her to the bed.

"You can sleep in the bed, I'm taking the couch," he said and sat her on the bed.

"But-," she started to say then he looked at her and placed his right hand on her neck.

"Kelia, I like the friendship we have between us and I don't want you to this otherwise if we sleep in the same bed. I've never had a friend like you before," he said and she nodded.

"I understand," she said and got under the covers then he pulled the covers over her.

"Good night and sweet dreams, Kelia," he said and walked to the couch.

Kelia watched as he walked to the couch thinking back to when Heath was in the same situation. Korinth grabbed a black blanket and a pillow from a cabinet then laid down on the couch with them.

"Good night and sweet dreams, Korinth," Kelia said and drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the Korinth, Heath and the man with green eyes.

Korinth looked over at Kelia and saw she was fast asleep. His phone started to vibrate on the coffee table. He grabbed it and opened it to show it was a message from an unknown number.

"Damn it, not now," he said and read the message.

'Time is now for you to repay your debt. Come out at midnight to receive your package or we will give it to your girlfriend'

Korinth tightened his grip on the phone then looked at Kelia and released his grip. The sight of her always helped to calm him down. He looked at the time to see it was eleven o'clock. He got off the couch and walked over towards Kelia. He bent down next to the bed to be eye level with her.

"I will protect you Kelia, you mean a lot to me," he said and sat on the floor facing Kelia with his hand on the bed next to hers.

He stayed next to her side until midnight and then walked down the stairs to the alley for the package. He stood in the alley then arms grabbed him from behind. They locked his arms and were behind his head then two other men grabbed both his arms and bent them around his back. Another figure came out of the shadows with a knife and walked to Korinth.

"No fighting back this time I see, she must really mean a lot to you then. However, she also means a lot to my boss," the man said.

The man was wearing all dark clothes with no hair and black sunglasses.

"You will not harm Kelia," Korinth said and the man punched Korinth in the stomach.

"You know he doesn't like you saying her name. Let's give you your package and leave so you can return to her," the man said and Korinth felt the arms around him tighten.

The man grabbed the knife tighter in his hand then stabbed Korinth in his right side. Not to deep to make him bleed a lot. Just enough for him to feel pain and draw some blood. Then the blade moved from the side to a little bit towards Korinth front along his hip. Korinth gritted his teeth, refusing to scream out from the pain and wake Kelia up. He took the pain and kept thinking of Kelia.

"Spend more time with that girl and you will get another one just like it. The boss doesn't want you around her. Let's go boys," the man said and the guys that held Korinth let him go.

Korinth fell to the ground on his hands and knees while the men left. Korinth heard the drops of blood escaping from his hip. He looked at it to see it was a nice cut with blood around it.

"Kelia," Korinth said and got up then walked back inside and cleaned the wound then placed a gauze pad on it with tape to keep it over the wound.

He walked up the steps to see Kelia was still asleep and then laid back down on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Korinth's Tattoo