How Can I Love Him

Connections Revealed

Kelia wakes up to the sound of movement in the small area. She opened her one eye and saw that Korinth was up wearing a black beater shirt with jeans then his phone rang.

"Hello," Korinth said after he placed the phone next to his ear.

She watched the expression on his face tighten and when he wold say something he was silenced by the other person. He looked too annoyed and closed the phone on whoever the other person was.

"Are you alright," Kelia asked and he looked over at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Wrong number," he said and she could tell he was lying.

"Yeah, well, I better get going. My aunt is probably worried sick about me," she said and got out of the bed.

"Your clothes are washed and dry. They are in the bathroom," he said and walked to the kitchen.

"Thank you," she said and walked to the bathroom to get dressed.

While Kelia was getting dressed, Korinth was pouring himself a cup of water when Kelia's phone started to ring. He saw it was with her bag and picked it up. The caller id read 'Heath'.

"Not that Heath," he said and answered the phone.

"Kelia, you there? Where you at? I've been calling you for some time now. It's not like you," Heath said.

"Kelia is busy getting dressed, would you like to leave a message."

"Who is this and where is Kelia?"

"She is getting dressed and left her phone on my coffee tab-."

"HEATH, is that the guy with the mob boss's daughter," a voice that sounded deep and too familiar was heard on Heath's line.

The voice stirred an old memory he wanted to forget. The guy's name was Striker. A man convicted for many charge from theft to murder to rape. Just about anything. However none of those charges involved jail time. Each case involved someone important was gone. Striker is a man with a couple of scars on his face and his head was bald. He always wore a black trench coat with black attire.

Korinth hung up the phone and set it on the table then walked downstairs to his desk. He opened the top drawer of it and saw piles of papers, files and photos.

"Where is it," he kept muttering to himself as he looked in the drawer.

He took out many papers and photos until he found what he was looking for. There were two photos that stayed in his hand. One was a picture taken five years ago. In it was him with his mother, father and brother. The other picture was of him and his brother with a little girl between them that had light green hair.

"So, you are back kid brother," he said and looked at the other boy in both pictures.

"Brother Heath."