How Can I Love Him

Silence

The car remained silent with the glove compartment closed. The lights went by as they drove through the mountain for one hour.

"I know you might be a bit mad at me but your dad asked me to not tell you anything," Korinth said and she looked at him.

"How do you know my dad," Kelia asked and they were out of the mountain then at a gas station.

"He saved my life, I owed him. He called me two weeks before he was in the hospital last month. He asked If I could watch over you and to protect you," he said and looked at her.

"Dad did all that," she and he parked the car at a pump then turned the car off.

"Yeah, he's a great and lucky man," he said and got out of the car then started to pump gas into the car.

Kelia got out of the car and closed the door then stood on the other side of the car across from him.

"Would you like something to eat or drink," she asked as she took out her wallet from her back pocket.

"Sure, whatever you're having," he said and she nodded then walked away.

Korinth watched as she walked away then stomped on his right foot in annoyance.

"Way to go, you couldn't even hold it together! You had to tell her all that, even after you were told to not mention anything of this without her father present. Just great," he said and waited for the gas tank to be filled.

The nozzle clicked and he grabbed it out then put it back where it belonged. He put the cap back on the tank and closed the small door to cover the cap. He looked to his right and saw Kelia was coming back with a bag and two small bottles of coke.

"Hey, got you an italian hoagie," she said and he nodded.

"Thanks, I'll eat it on the way," he said and they got back into the car.

The car started and left the gas station behind them. They both ate in silence on the way into town towards the hospital. The hospital where their future will not be the same as it once was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not posting for so long, been busy lately.