How Can I Love Him

Past Revealed!

There was a couple of minutes of silence as Kelia took in what her father said.

"How did this happen," Kelia asked and looked at the two of them.

"I will explain everything but no interrupting or little comments either," he said.

"Alright," Kelia said and Korinth nodded.

"It all started when I was a teen boy. Young and naive. I did good in school, I was a perfect student. I was always interested in the police force but when the time came for the academy admissions, I couldn't pay for it. So instead I started to give out my own justice. I studied police laws and authorities through the internet then executed them onto criminals. I did that for many years until I got greedy at twenty-three. I tried to bring down the head of all criminals. The Mob Master before me. Almost got myself killed but then I found two little boys. They were brothers being held for ransom. I got them out of there then started to take down some guys. I then found a woman close to death, chained to a bed with no clothes on. I didn't try to kill the other men then, all I focused on was getting the woman out alive. I put my shirt and jacket on her and carried her out. I took her and the brothers to my place where I took care of all of them. Eventually, the guys I left alive to save them found us. There were only thirty out of fifty left of them. They gave me a week to return the woman and brothers or they were going to kill me. I let the men leave. A couple of days later, more men came to my door but instead of wanting to harm me, they wanted to help. They saw me as someone who could defeat the Mob Master and become the new one but to make things better instead of worse. More and more men came until I lost count of all of them. We all faced and defeated the Mob Master, or so I thought I did. Turns out it was someone dressed like him I killed. The real one went into hiding and I became the new Mob Master. The woman I saved was Delilah May. After a year of working together, we got married then had a daughter. We had you Kelia," he said and then took a breath as well as wiped his eyes from tears.

"Did she really die in child birth," Kelia asked.

"Yeah, she did. I would never lie about your mother. I am glad you are wearing her bracelet. You look like her more and more everyday," he said and she smiled.

"Wait, what about the brothers? What happened to them," she asked and he looked at Korinth.

"I stayed with your dad while my brother left with my father, the old Mob Master," Korinth said and she looked at him more.

"Who is your brother," she asked.

"Your friend, Heath."