How Can I Love Him

Day At Work

Kelia kept driving and singing then she eventually arrived at the police station where she worked at the manager of logs, records and case files. She drove to a parking spot behind the station and turned the car off.

"Time to work," she said as she grabbed her stuff, got out of the car and walked to the station's back door.

She walked up a flight of stairs, opened a door and saw ten desks piled with papers, files and what not with a computer hidden somewhere under the papers. There were at least two to three officers at each desk while her father was no where to be seen.

"Hey Kelia," an officer with short blond hair green eyes said as he walked towards her.

He was wearing the standard black police attire every officer was to wear.

"Hey Cam, where's my father," Kelia asked.

Cam was her father's best friend since kindergarten.

"Out patrolling, he said that he'll be back soon," he said and she nodded then went to the front desk behind a wall leading to the front doors of the station.

The desk was also piled with paperwork, logs, case files and records.

"Does anyone see where the bins I put to put this stuff in," she said as she put her book bag under the desk and grabbed some papers.

"We did, they were too small to hold everything," he said and smiled.

"Smart ass, well, I'll get started then and aren't you suppose to relieve Stevenson from court duty," she asked and his eyes widened a bit then looked at his watch.

"Damn, yeah, thanks for reminding me. Things have been crazy lately," he said and ran out the front door.

She smiled and laughed as she started the sorting off all the papers and recording all logs into the computer. Two hours into her work and she was almost done but then someone placed another pile of files on the desk as well as a coffee from Turkey Hill and a sprinkle donut.

"Keep working any harder and you'll end up like you father," the person said and Kelia didn't look up.

"Yeah, well, I'd like to see you try working your-," she said as she looked up and saw it was her father.

"Hey, girlie, what were you going to call me," he said as he hugged her.

"Nothing at all," she said and they laughed then stopped hugging.

Her father had short brown hair that was starting to show some grays and he stood very tall and muscular. He could bench press 275ilbs. and so much other stuff that she though was odd for a thirty-eight year old man to do.

"The guy bothering you lately," he asked as he handed her the coffee.

"Not really" takes coffee and a sip "they have been good. Oh, I flipped Heath again today," she said and he laughed.

"I'm not surprised by that at all, well, I'll let you get back to work. I'm making meatball subs tonight. Try to get some fat on ya a bit," he said and kissed her forehead.

"Not possible, I'm just like you," she said and he smiled then walked away to his enclosed office in the back.

Kelia then grabbed the donut, ate a couple bites out of it and drank her coffee.