How Can I Love Him

Love Conquers All

The drive home from the hospital felt longer than it normally took for Kelia.

"What you want to do," Korinth asked.

"How about we stay home and watch a movie with dinner," she suggested.

"That sounds good," he said as he pulled up into the driveway and parked the car.

They got out of the car then walked into the house.

"How about you order some pizza and I'll get dressed. I am wearing my clothes from yesterday after all," she said and he nodded.

"Alright, I'll pick out a movie," he said and walked over to the cabinets with the DVDs.

Kelia walked up the steps and straight into her room. She closed the door to her room and opened her closet.

"What should I wear," she said as she looked at her clothes.

Without even thinking, everything her father told her about Korinth came into mind. About how much he loved her and would always protect her.

"I do have feelings for him. What the heck, I don't have much to lose I guess," she said and picked out a white sundress.

The dress had spaghetti straps and it formed to the top half of her body nicely and flowed out at the waist.

She took off her clothes and undergarments. Changed into clean undergarments and puts the dress on. She walked to the bathroom and brushed out her hair. Leaving it down and walked down the steps to see that the pizza was already on the coffee table with some cups and a two liter of coke. The only on was a table lamp in a far corner as well as the tv. On the screen was the menu for the movie Lake House.

"Did the pizza get here that fast," she asked and noticed Korinth wasn't in the room.

"Korinth," she said and heard a toilet flush and footsteps.

"Hey, sorry, I had to use the bathroom," he said as he walked down the steps.

"It's alright, let's eat," she said and sat on the couch while he sat on her right.

She ate a slice of pepperoni while he ate a piece of cheese. She noticed that it was raining and looked over at Korinth to see he was laying back against the couch with his arm on the back of the couch. She kept thinking about everything that happened today as well as her feelings towards Korinth. The lights started to flicker and soon all the power went out. The only noise is the rain outside as well as the crack of lightning.

"Looks like we are in the dark," he said then she nodded and got off the couch.

"Yeah," she said then walked to the back door, opened it and stood outside under the covered porch.

Kelia heard Korinth was behind her and felt his body heat next to hers. She felt his hand on her shoulder then she put her own on it.

"Tell me what you are thinking," he said and she smiled.

"I remember dancing and running in the rain when I was little."

"You always were a fast runner," he said and smiled.

"And you could never catch up to me," she said then lets go of his hand and runs out into the rain.

Korinth ran after her, just like he did when they were kids. Kelia outran him and every time Korinth got closer she would move out of his reach. This kept going on for another ten minutes or less. Neither of then could tell.

Korinth's shirt clinged to him even tighter while his jeans slowed him down. His shoes were inside but he was still wearing socks which soon fell off as he ran. Kelia's dress clung to her and showed her undergarments as clean as day. The dress made it a little difficult for her to run but not as bad as Korinth. The rain came down at a steady rate with no sign of stopping. There were no lights on around them, only the faint light of the moon lightened the night. The smell of wet grass consumed the air and their senses. Kelia started to slow down more then Korinth caught up to her. He grabbed her by the waist and then lifted her up into the air. She laughed at how much fun she was having as well as amazed by how strong Korinth really is even when he is tired. He started to laugh as well then started to spin. They laughed even more then he stopped spinning.

Korinth looked up at her with a smile and she looked down at him with a smile. She put her hands onto his shoulders as he let her slide down in his hands. Her feet were on the ground and his arms were around her with his hands on her back. She moved her arms around his neck to around him with her hands on his back.

"I know how much you are hurt right now but I will protect you and make sure you won't be hurt anymore," he said and held her against him into a tight hug.

"Thank you and I'll do my best to protect you as well," she said and looked at him more.

The rain still came down as they got closer, close enough to feel each other's breath. They kept breathing a bit hard from exhaustion but Kelia was not ready for the nest words out of Korinth.

"I love you, I don't know what your feelings are for me but I wanted you to know how I feel about you," he said and she kissed him on the cheek.

"You talk too much, when am I going to say I love you too if you keep talking," she said and they smiled then kissed each other on the lips.

While they kissed, the life of the lights around them flickered twice then stayed bright.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter for this story, keep looking for the sequel to this story. Thank you all for reading and input ideas for the sequel if you'd like. I am open to all opinions.