How Can I Love Him

Just Another Day?

Three hours passed and the clock read. 8:15 p.m.

"Time to close up," Kelia said as she took piles of files, logs, paperwork and records to the evidence room to mark completion. She locked up the room then went around to all the computers and turned their monitors off. She locked the front door then walked to her desk and grabbed her bag of half-way completed homework and her car keys. She walked to the back door and goes down the stairs then locks the door to the parking lot after she walked out.

"Now to get home and make sure the old fart didn't eat my food," she said and laughed then got into her car. She set her bag in its spot and started the car. She changed the CD to Flyleaf self-titled album. The song 'All Around Me' started to play as she back out and started to sing unaware of someone in the shadows watching her.

The man in the shadows felt his phone go off and opened it to show it was a text from the boss. The guy tightened his grip on the phone as he read the text but then shut the phone and got into his car and drove away.

Kelia arrived at her house and parked in the driveway while her dad's police car was parked on the street. She turned off the car, grabbed her stuff, walked out of the car to the front door and walked inside.

"Kelia, that you," kelia heard her dad say as she walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, dinner done yet," she asked as she set her bag on the bar.

"Patience, girl, great food takes time to prepare," he said and they laughed.

"Well, it done yet," she asked as she walked to the fridge and pulled out two fuze drinks.

"It's done, I'll get it ready while you find us something to watch," he said as he took out two plates and hoagie rolls.

"Alright, " she said as she set the fuze drinks on the coffee table and grabbed the remote. She flipped through some channels and found NCIS.

"Found it and its new," she said as she selected the channel.

"Good, they finally gave up on showing reruns huh," he said as he came in with two plates. Each sub had four meatballs with three rolls on his plate and two on hers.

"Yummy," she said and took her plate and started to ear as her dad sat down and ate his subs.

They ate in silence watching NCIS, laughed when there were funny parts and even were shocked when there were surprising fact and evidence.

"That was a good episode, I loved the end though. I can't believe Kate won 1994 wet t-shirt contest in Panama City on her spring break," Kelia said and laughed.

"I'm sure the next one will be just as good too. Alright" takes her plate and taps her right knee "go do your homework," he said and walked out to the kitchen.

"Alright," she said and grabbed her bag and walked up to her room to finish the last of her homework. She sat at her desk and finished the last of her homework within an hour.

"About time," she said and looked at the clock to see it read 9:30 p.m. She got up and walked to her dressed then pulls out a white tank top and green pajama cotton pants. She put her dirty clothes in the hamper. She walked to her dad's room and sees his light was on as he hung up on the phone.

"Damn, things are getting out of control now...," he starts to say and stops then looks at the door to see she was standing there. He gestured for her to come in and she walked in then sits next to him on the bed.