How Can I Love Him

Concern

Howard wrapped his arm around Kelia's shoulders and held her tight to him.

"Dad, is something wrong," Kelia asked and looked at him and saw that he actually looked scared but tried hard to hide it.

"It's just the gangs Kelia, they are starting to become more than I can handle," he said and she wrapped her arms around him.

"I am well protected dad, don't worry. I am not going to be the victim," she said and he kissed her forehead.

"I know you are a strong girl, Kelia but every father has the right to worry about their little princess's safety," he said and she felt herself start to cry but held them back.

"You will never be a victim Kelia, I will make sure of that," he said and Kelia then cried a bit into his chest while he looked out the window and saw a dark figure. The figure held up a small object that started to flash showing it was a flashlight. It flashed three times and then he got into his car and drove off.

Howard let out a sigh of relief and kissed Kelia's forehead.

"Get some rest, you have school tomorrow," he said and she nodded then got up and walked to her room. She set her alarm clock on and crawled into bed.

Howard got up and then walked to Kelia's door and looked at her peaceful face. He walked back to his room and took out his cell phone and called Korn, the son of his est friend.

"Hello," a deep voiced answered on the other end of the phone.

"Korn, it's Howard. I wanted to double check on something," Howard said.

"If it's about your daughter everything is set," Korn said and Howard nodded.

"Good, she is to be taken care of," Howard said and then closed his phone and sat on the bed. Howard got in bed and falls asleep under the covers.

Kelia wakes up to the sound of her alarm clock.

"Man, some night," she said as she got out of bed and walked to her closet and picked out a red skin tight long sleeved shirt, jeans and black ankle high boots. She changed into them putting the dirty clothes in the hamper and walks to the bathroom.

She grabbed her hair brush, brushed out her hair and left it down. She then walks out of the bathroom and grabs her bookbag then walks down to the kitchen where a pot of coffee was waiting for her as well as a sprinkled donut.

"Dad, you even remembered the donut," she said and puts the coffee into a travel mug and grabs the donut. She started to eat the donut as she walked to the door and finishes it then opens the door and locks it behind her with her keys in hand from her bag.

"Another boring day but at least I have a movie to look forward to tonight," she said as she walked to her car and gets situated in it.

She put the coffee in the cup holder after taking a sip and starts the car. She changes her CD to 'Gotta Be Somebody' by Nickelback and the song was the album name.

"Great song," she said and starts to sing along as she backs out of the driveway then towards the school unaware of the black car across the street with the same person from last night in it.