How Can I Love Him

Friend or Foe?

They each had smiles on their faces while she grasped her towel tighter around her.

"Looks like we caught our chickee in the middle of her bath time," the one on the left said.

"I'm sure the boss won't mind a delay in returning her," the other one said then a third person joined them but was wearing a ski masked that covered his mouth.

"Hey, who are-," the man on the left said but the new man punched him in the face and kicked the other guy in the stomach then pulled out two pistols and shot them both in the hearts. They fell on the ground dead and Kelia could feel herself shake.

"D-Don't come any closer," she said and pointed her gun at him.

"I'm not here to harm you," he said never taking his eyes off her face.

She watched his eyes and saw they were green and they looked like they wanted to help.

"Can you grab me something to cover myself," she asked and he nodded then took off his black jacket and walked towards her.

"Here, take this. It'll help keep you warm," he said and she nodded then set the pistol down and pulled the jacket on. It was very warm and long. It completely covered the tunnel and she held the jacket tight.

"Come on, more will be coming," he said and grabbed her pistol, put it in her right hand and grabbed her left hand.

"Alright," she said and she let him lead her out the bathroom but then when she looked at the dead bodies and the blood on the floor, she froze.

"What's wrong," he asked and then realized she was looking at the blood and bodies.

"Put your face in my chest and stay there. Don't look, there will be many dead bodies," he said and she nodded then buried her face into his chest.

He started walking and she walked with him. She heard him fire many shots but never looked to see if he shot the ones he shot at. She heard him open the back door and they ran then stopped.

"Where are we," Kelia asked.

"We are in the alley, two doors away from your house. My car is next to us. I have some clothes that you may fit in," he said as she heard him open a car door.

"How can I trust you," she asked.

"What reason told you not to," he asked and then she took her head out of his chest and got into the car.

"The clothes are in the black duffel bag," he said and Kelia looked out the window to see the window was tinted black and his back was covering the window.

She opened the duffel bag and saw there was a green long sleeved shirt with jeans and a pair of green sneakers. She quickly changed into them then knocked on the window. The man opened the door and she got out then closed it leaving her towel but had the man's jacket.

"Put the jacket on, you need to keep warm," he said and she nodded then put the jacket back on.

"Do you think the men are gone," she asked.

"Maybe, let's go see," he said as he refilled his gun with new ammo and put it in his back pocket.

They both ran out the alley towards the house.