‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Party Song

I woke up with a smile plastered on my face the entire day, everyone seemed to notice, especially Van as I was working with him, he just laughed at me every time he looked at me, but I didn't care. As the day wore on, I felt like something was going on, especially when everyone was not on the bus and Van had to leave the tent early. Alex told me he was taking me out for dinner, but the smirk on his face told me something was up. He held my hand in the back of the cab, out of the eyesight of the driver of course, and when the cab stopped outside a cafe in Nashville, that looked extremely dark, I had a feeling that it wasn't empty inside. Alex smirked even more as we stepped out of the cab and into the cafe' and like I guess, the lights came on and I was shocked by the yell of surprises, I smiled, my first birthday party in years and everyone was there that I knew now. I just looked at Alex and smiled. I was shocked when I saw that almost every band on Warped tour, that was represented by Skull and Dice, was there. I saw Van standing next to Ryan, he had that same goofy look I had looking at Alex since last night, could they be together? The night wore on and after All Time Low performed the song I heard Alex writing which he called The Party Song, that I knew had something to do with that night in the club with Bradley. I was so tired as we got back on the bus at 2am, that's when the guys starting letting me open presents, Jack handed me his first, I opened it to find a picture of him that he had autographed for me, I eyed him just like everyone else did.

"What? I noticed you didn't have one" said Jack innocently.

"I am sure I had a reason not to own one" I said, smiling as I put the picture away, Rian handed me his next, I opened it to find a Fox Hoodie.

"Rian, it's awesome, I love it" I said, Rian smiled, next was Zach, I opened it to find a new pair of etnies and a notebook.

"It's full of handwriten lyrics by us, it's the only one in existance" said Zack, I smiled at him.

"I love it, thank you Zack" I said as Alex handed me his next, I opened the box to find a letter from NYU on the top, "what's this?"

"Open it" said Alex with a smile, I opened it to find an acceptance letter, "I didn't apply"

"I did it for you, I know that you love NYC and I figured you should go to school there, plus we are going to hang out their while we record our next cd, so you can still be our assistant when your not busy with class" said Alex, I smiled, but how was I going to pay for this, "I am also paying for it"

"What, Alex you can't do that" I said, Alex shrugged.

"Sure, I can. I want to so just accept it" said Alex, I smiled.

"Thanks, Alex"

"No problem" said Alex with a smile.

"Bed time for me, if I am going to play guitar tomorrow" said Jack getting up then stopped and took my picture and placed it in the middle of the table, "that's a good place for that"

"The trash would be better" said Rian smiling as he followed suit and went to bed as well, Zach stayed up and when everyone was gone, he looked at us.

"We need to talk" said Zack, his face looked odd.

"Ok, about?" asked Alex.

"About the two of you, when were you going to tell us, I mean I am not dumb ya know" said Zack cracking a smile, I heard Alex and myself let out a sigh of relief when we saw that smile.

"You mean you don't care?" asked Alex, Zack shrugged.

"Why would I? I mean seriously, why do you take me for Alex, I am not homophobe. I am happy for you, I am happy for you both" said Zack with a smile, we both smiled at him.

"Thanks Zack, We just don't want a lot of people knowing yet, especially the press or the fans" said Alex, Zack nodded.

"I won't tell anyone, " said Zack seriously, " I am going to bed and give you two some alone time"

"Night Zack" I said, he nodded and went to the bunks, I heard Alex let out a light chuckle, "what is that about?"

"I just never thought Zack would be accepting, I am not even sure why. Guess they surprise me everyday and it feels good that someone knows about us besides Jack and Van" said Alex, I smiled.

"Makes it feel more real"

"Exactly, come here" said Alex holding out his arms, I put my body next to him and he held me close, "did you have a great birthday?"

"Yes, the best one ever, thank you Alex" I said, he kissed my head.

"You are my everything now, it goes you, music, the band, my family, and then chocolate" said Alex, I giggled.

"It's ok if you want to put music first, Alex" I said, he shook his head.

"Nope, I want you first. I got to make you happy, I want to make you happy."

"I will be happy, Alex" I said, Alex held me tighter.

"Good, I want to hold you like i did last night as you sleep" said Alex, I sighed.

"Me too, we will get a hotel stay soon and we can cuddle"

"Yep, I better get some sleep and you should too" said Alex lifting me off the sofa and placing me in my bunk, I laughed.

"Thanks Alex" I sad as he looked around and then kissed my lips gently.

"Sleep well" said Alex before climbing to the bunk above me, I fell asleep with his taste on my lips and his face in my mind.