‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Painting Flowers

I looked out the window as we city limits of the next town, Atlanta, my body seemed to want to vomit at the sound of that name and all the memories I shared with my hometown. I knew the possibilities of seeing my family were limitless, but still being here didn't make me different about being here. The bus pulled into the venue, I gave Alex a quick kiss before I walked to the stand with Van, who was talking with Ryan, who gave him a romantic smile and me a friendly one before he walked off.

"That's cute" I said looking at Van, who smiled at me.

"What is?" asked Van, I smiled.

"You looking all happy"

"I am happy"

"I know, me too, now" I said, Van smiled.

"Are you guys open?" asked a familiar voice, I turned to see it, there he was, now I knew that hated being in Atlanta, the guy looked at me with a confused look, "Austin?"

"Hey Hunter" I said, looking around to see if anyone else was with him.

"You two know each other?" asked Van, I nodded.

"Yeah, he is, he um" I stared, my mouth wouldn't form the words.

"I am his brother, Hunter" said Hunter, Van looked shocked.

"I didn't know you had a brother" said Van, I shrugged.

"Are mom and dad here?" I asked, almost scared.

"No, I came with some friends. I came with Sloan and his older brother, Duncan. You remember Duncan right?" asked Hunter, I nodded.

"Yeah, I remember Duncan" I said, Hunter smiled.

"Can we go out later, after you get off? I miss you" said Hunter, I nodded, "awesome where do we meet?"

"Let's meet at Amerigo's" I said, he nodded.

"Awesome, can I get an All Time Low shirt?" asked Hunter, I pulled out his size and handed it to him.

"On the house" I said, he smiled and put it on.

"Later Aussie" said Hunter as he walked off, Van looked at me.

"I didn't know you had a brother, what's up with him?" asked Van, I shrugged.

"I just don't talk about him much, it hurt a lot when my parents kicked me out and I felt bad about leaving him behind, he was my best friend" I said

"It wasn't your fault though, you had no choice to leave"

"I know just doesn't change the fact that I haven't seen my little brother in almost two years" I said, Van gave me a sympathetic grin as we started to work. When the day ended, I met Alex back stage his hair all sweaty and matted to his forehead but he still looked sexy. I told Alex that we had dinner plans, that's all I could say, he agreed and after he took a shower, we took a cab to Amerigo's. We walked in to see Hunter, I was surprised to see Duncan there too. My brother looked at us bug eyed as did Duncan, we went and sat at their table.

"You didn't tell me you were bringing a rock star with you, bro" said Hunter in shock.

"Hunter, Duncan, this is Alex. Alex this is my little brother and his friend" I said, Alex looked at me confused, I looked at him with eyes that I would tell him later.

"Hey guys" said Alex as we sat down, I watched Duncan eye him with curiosity and lust, I didn't like that.

"I am so glad you came, Austin. I was scared you wouldn't" said Hunter, that hit me in the heart.

"Of course, I would come. I feel bad about leaving you like I did" I said, Hunter shrugged.

"Austin, our parents kicked you out it's not like you ran away, what else were you suppose to do?" asked Hunter, I shrugged, Alex rubbed my back gently, both of them noticed this.

"I just, how are your parents?" I asked, Hunter shrugged.

"Better actually, when you left, mom freaked out, dad didn't care at all. That was all mom needed and she divorced him, it was finalized last month." said Hunter, I was shocked our parents actually divorced, liked they needed to.

" I guess you are living with mom?" I asked, Hunter nodded.

"Yep, I even came out to her last week, she hugged me and then cried about you, it was a bittersweet coming out" said Hunter with a smile, I missed my mom more right then.

"Maybe I can come over and see her tomorrow before we leave, you think she would be ok with that?" I asked, Hunter smiled.

"Majorly" said Hunter, I smiled this time, Alex held my hand under the table, saying he would go with me with that touch, I smiled at him, Duncan looked mad.

"So you are dating Alex Gaskarth?" asked Duncan very loudly, one couple nearby looked at us.

"A little louder next time, Duncan. The Braves didn't hear you" I said rolling my eyes.

"Ah, it's a secret then, the two of you. that's sweet" said Duncan sarcastically, Alex grabbed my hand tighter, I knew he was getting mad.

"Yeah, it is sweet Duncan and I really hope my little brother isn't dating you" I said looking at Hunter, he shook his head, "good, because it's not worth it"

"How would you know, we never had sex, you were saving yourself for it to be special. You were nothing but a goddamn tease" said Duncan, Alex stood up.

"If you say one more thing about Austin, I am going to fucking kick the living shit out of you, got me?" asked Alex, Duncan actually looked scared, I watched Hunter smile.

"Duncan, why don't you go home, I didn't know you were jealous of my brother so much" said Hunter, Duncan rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, later" said Duncan leaving the table.

"Sorry, I didn't know he was like that" said Hunter.

"It's cool, I know him and he is always like that" I said

"I don't like him, I am getting Van to ban him from any concert on the Warped tour and any concert one of the bands has" said Alex, I smiled at him.

When the night ended, I hugged Hunter goodbye and promised to see him tomorrow. When Alex and I got to the hotel we were staying at that night, I crashed my lips into his, Alex kissed me hungrily and then pulled away.

"Damn, what was that for?" asked Alex with a smile.

"Standing up for me, being an amazing boyfriend" I said hugging him tightly.

"I would do anything for you, just like tomorrow, I want to go with you to see your mom"

"I want you too as well, I miss her and I want her to see you"

"I also had an idea" said Alex with a sparkle in his eye.

"What's that?" I asked, he smiled.

"What about getting Rian and Hunter together later on, I mean if he can't have you, he can have Hunter"

"Maybe, my brother's favorite in the band has always been Zack" I said, Alex looked hurt.

"What?! The lead singer isn't his favorite?!"

"Nope, he was always my favorite" I said kissing him, Alex kissing back as he lead me to the bed and wrapped his arms around me with me looking at him.

"I love you, you know this right?"

"Yes and I love you" I said, Alex kissed me.

"And when our first time comes, I want it to be really special, I mean it will be my first time with a guy" said Alex, I nodded.

"And my first time, doing it with love involved, " I said looking sad, Alex kissed my chin, " does my past bother you?"

"No, it's your past. You did what you had to do and if you didn't maybe I wouldn't even know you right now and I wouldn't be happy" said Alex, I laid my head down on his chest as he played with my hair, I never wanted this moment to end, before I knew it I was asleep.