‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Hello Brookyln

I looked at myself in the mirror of the hotel bathroom, my eye was almost fully swollen shut and when I lifted up my shirt it wasn't that better, I had a huge bruise on my right side along my ribs. That fucker did a real number on me, least I would look pretty badass. I smiled at this only to get a sharp pain in my jaw, I walked out of the bathroom I couldn't take looking at myself anymore, I walked out the door into the chilly New York air. I knew that I would have to walk to the venue but that was fine by me, I was thrilled to find out the hotel was actually within walking distance, I saw the fence surrounding it, it wasn't that tall and I knew it would be easy to climb which is exactly what I did, the landing made my ribs hurt more but I didn't care I was about to see my favorite bands, my life was actually going to seem worth something now, that was until a strong hand grabbed my arm, I looked back to see a security officer there looking at me like I was a piece of trash.

"You got a pass there, son?" He asked, probably already knowing I didn't have one.

"I must have left it back at my hotel room, " I lied and he knew it he shook his head, "OK I don't have one perse, but maybe I can buy one"

"Yeah, you look like a real big spender" said the security officer with a scoff, "I am taking you to see Mr. Corbett, he will know what to do with you"

"Great" I said sarcastically as he lead me, squeezing my bicep the entire time, to a booth where a boy was selling merchandise, I recognized him, he was the Skull and Dice record label kid.

"Mr. Corbett, we have a crasher" he said as Van turned around and looked at me, he looked angry but I watched his eyes look at my eye and then down to the blood stains on my t-shirt.

"I will take it from here, thanks Steve" said Van, the security officer let me go, Van turned to a girl standing beside him and then walked and motioned for me to follow, "are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm a warrior. Are you taking me to the cops?" I asked scared, I couldn't go to jail again.

"No, I am going to take you to get some food, you look like you haven't eaten in weeks"

"I probably haven't, listen, I don't want to be some fucking charity case" I said angrily, Van only smiled at me.

"Dude, you look like you need help and I am going to help you. Either that or I can have Steve take you to the NYPD and we will see what they do" said Van raising his brow at me, I didn't bother making another fight about this. Van led me to a table set up behind a stage a guy was sitting there, he looked up and I noticed it was Ryan Ross from Panic!, I could feel myself about to have a fanboy moment.

"You're Ryan Ross" I said regretting it as it left my mouth, god, I am so stupid sometimes.

"That's what they tell me" said Ryan with a smile and then looking to Van who I watched mouth 'We will talk about it later'.

"Sit here and I am going to get you a burger we got for Jon" said Van with a smile before walking off leaving me there with Ryan.

"Did you get into a fight here?" Ryan asked me, I shook my head but there was no way I was telling him the real story.

"No last night, but I am OK now" I lied, the pain was reminding me just how not ok I really was, "Van is really nice"

"Yeah he is, probably, the sweetest guy I ever met" said Ryan with a smile, a smile I have never seen someone smile before, he seemed happy.

"Ryan, hey man, is Van around?" came a voice behind us, I turned to see Alex Gaskarth, the Alex from All Time Low, the boy I use to jerk off too while looking at the poster on my wall.

"He went to get something but he will be right back, is everything OK?" asked Ryan curiously.

"Fuck no, our fucking assistant just fucking quit on us today" said Alex as Van walked back up with a burger and drink in his hand.

"Alex, are we going for the f word award today?" asked Van with a smile, Alex gave a slight one and then ran his fingers through his hair.

"No our tour assistant quit, so we are pretty much screwed for the rest of the tour" said Alex, I watched as Van looked at me and then back at Alex.

"I think I will have you one by the end of the day, just give me a few OK?" asked Van, Alex looked relived.

"Van, you are the man. I knew we were friends for a reason" said Alex giving Van a quick hug before walking off, I was jealous of Van in that instant, I wanted to be him for a lot of reasons, to hug Alex and to maybe no be homeless living on the streets.

"So, um, I don't know your name" said Van eying me.

"Austin" I said, he smiled.

"Austin, can I ask you something and if I am wrong you are more than willing to punch me" said Van, Ryan looked at him and then at me, almost silently telling me if I punched Van I would be getting my ass kicked.

"Go ahead" I said, Van looked nervous.

"Um, I have a feeling that you are a homeless teen, I get that vibe because you looked like you haven't eaten and I bet that is the only shirt that you own. All Time Low needs an assistant for the remainder of the tour and it will pay you, and you will be doing me a favor" said Van, I could feel my heart starting to beat faster in my chest, was he fucking serious about this right now.

"Are you fucking with me?" I asked, Van shook his head.

"No, you heard Alex. Plus, you are a teenager and you can easily help them with whatever they need and selling their merchandise, I will even help you out" said Van, I expected to wake up any moment, but this wasn't a dream.

"Um, yeah, that will be awesome. Why are you doing this?" I asked, Van shrugged.

"Because I see alot of me in you, I know I seem happy in this world and I am now, but I haven't always been this happy. Warped tour is good for making people happy" said Van, he gave a quick smiled to Ryan.

"I will do it, thanks Van" I said, Van smiled.

"Come on, I will get you a new shirt and we will go talk to Alex" said Van, "take your burger"

"Sure thing" I said giving Ryan a quick wave and walking with Van to a bus with Glamour Kills written on the side, Van opened the door and walked right in. I only saw Alex and Rian on the sofa, but that was fine, least Alex was here, I swear I was about to swoon.

"Guys, meet your new assistant, this is Austin" said Van, they both looked to me, both of them looking relived.

"Van, you fucking rock" said Rian with a smile.

"Hell yeah, you do! Austin, you rock for doing this" said Alex, I smiled as he slapped me on the back, I just shrugged, I couldn't let myself get like this, he is straight and even if he was gay my past would keep anyone from getting with me, my past, hell like it was far behind me I just did it last night.

"I am going to get Austin's suitcase from our bus and move him over here with you guys, we will see you guys after your set" said Van with a smile as he pulled me away from them, I looked at him curiously.

"My suitcase?" I asked, Van smiled.

"No one has to know anything that you don't want to tell them. You and are about the same size, I will give you my clothes and get you some band t-shirts and skull and dice shit. You got to pimp it out" said Van, I looked at him, I couldn't believe he was being this nice to me.

"Thanks, Van. You just, well, thanks" I said, Van patted me on the back.

"Don't mention it, Austin. I am going to call my mom and have her put you on the payroll and get you a credit card for your 500 a month allowance" said Van, I looked at him my eyes wide.

"500 dollars?! A month?!"

"Yep, it usually 250 but what the hell, you are doing us all a favor" said Van with a shrug, I didn't want to be a charity case, but I didn't want to hustle anymore, my ribs were telling me no and so was my mind for that matter. I hoped Van was right, I hoped that I would finally be happy, even though I seriously doubted that I would be.