‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Circles

Someone shaking me woke me up, I opened my eyes to see Alex standing over me, I realized I fell asleep in the beanbag chair.

"How did you sleep?" asked Alex with a raised eyebrow.

"I must have passed out in here while watching television" I said, Alex shrugged.

"It's ok, you were probably planning a way to kick my ass at more video games"

"Nope, I already know that I can" I said, Alex smiled.

"Well it's good you slept in here, Jack through a bucket of water in your bunk, but he doesn't know you weren't in there yet" said Alex, I looked at my bunk and saw that it was soaked.

"I guess this will be an interesting trip," I said as Jack walked into the back room and looked at me probably noticing how dry I am, "morning Jack"

"You're dry" said Jack with a sad face.

"Yeah, I fell asleep in here last night, sorry to disappoint" I said, Jack smiled.

"That's alright, I have all day" said Jack looking at Alex, "since you will be with Amy, no one can stop me"

"Rian and Zack will keep an eye on you, and if Austin is missing any limbs, I will come looking for you" said Alex, Jack shrugged, I looked at Alex, I was upset and I was trying my damndest not to let it show, I didn't want to think about Alex with Amy, I didn't want to think about him with anyone that wasn't me.

"Austin, Earth to Austin" came Alex's voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, they were both looking at me.

"You looked like you were daydreaming, I asked what time you would be done selling today" said Alex, I shrugged.

"Not sure, whatever time Van releases the shackles" I said with a smile, both Alex and Jack smiled.

"We are all going to eat tonight at this amazing Italian place, we will come rescue you from evil Van" said Alex, I nodded.

"And we get to stay in a hotel tonight!" said Jack excitedly.

"That is pretty awesome, like our own rooms?" I asked, Alex shook his head.

"Nope sorry, we usually have roommates, I am usually Jack's but tonight it's you and him, since Amy will be staying with me" said Alex, I felt my heart breaking again, "and if you do anything to each other, I want the hotel room to be in one piece and no names painted on the side"

"I can't promise anything" said Jack with a smile, Alex looked at me.

"Please watch him" said Alex looking at me seriously.

"I will" I said, trying to not think about Alex and Amy in bed together, fucking no doubt, "I better go to the booth, I will see you guys later"

"Ok, we will rescue you after out set" said Alex as I walked to the booth, I had to get away from Alex, away from the thoughts of him and Amy, that she has something I want and will never have.

"Hey Austin" came a voice from behind me, I turned to see Van there.

"Hey Van, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing getting ready to open up the booth for the day, glad to see your on your way too"

"Yeah, early I know just had to get off the bus, was feeling sick" I said, Van nodded.

"I know how that goes, but you actually forget your moving after a while and it's nice" said Van.

"I am ready for that day"

"It will come soon, so you excited about a hotel night? I live for these now"

"I guess so, it will be nice to sleep in a bed that doesn't move"

"I said the same thing, who is your roommate?" asked Van, I rolled my eyes.

"Jack, I might not survive" I said with a laugh.

"He is the prankster, Alex usually stays with him to keep him in line, but I guess with, " started Van but then stopped and looked like he felt stupid, "sorry"

"It's ok, just a crush ya know" I said, trying to make me feel better but I knew that it wasn't going to help, not yet.

"Everything is going to be just fine, Austin, I promise" Van said smiling, I smiled back, "things have a way of happening when you least expect it"

"You sound like an oracle" I said, Van laughed.

"Not quite, if I was, I would be rhyming and vaguely telling you what your path is" said Van making me laugh.

It was a little after 5pm when Alex finally came and saved me, his hair sweaty from performing on stage, but it didn't take away from his amazing good looks.

"It's time for me to steal, Austin away" announced Alex to Van and I, Van smiled.

"Oh no, he's my best worker" said Van with a smile.

"Aren't I pretty much your only worker" I said, Van shrugged.

"But you are the best" said Van, I laughed.

"Later Van" I said as Alex and I walked off, Alex was in a really good mood, probably because his Amy was in town.

"It's been a really good day, I just feel like singing, well, singing more" said Alex with a smile.

"What is the cause of this good mood?" I asked, Alex shrugged.

"Not sure, just feel good. I am ready to eat food that isn't fast, I am ready to sleep in a bed that isn't on a bus"

"Yeah, it should be a good night for you"

"And for you, is something wrong?" asked Alex looking at me.

"No, I am fine" I lied, Alex raised his brow.

"Hey, you can talk to me you know if anything is bothering you. I am a good listener"

"I am sure of that, just what is wrong with me, I can't tell you right now, but I promise to tell you one day" I said, not sure if I was lying or not.

"Good, I have a feeling we are going to be best friends in no time" said Alex putting his arm around my shoulders, my heart was racing, I am so pathetic, with this small gesture made me feel like I was with him, like we were close but I knew that it wasn't true. I was just a sad boy, a sad fan, with a crush.

"Alex!" came a girls voice, we both turned around where a blond girl came running and jumped into his arms, I knew that it was Amy, my heart broke knowing it was here, they kissed on the lips gently, yet passionately, when Alex pulled away, they looked at me.

"Amy this is Austin, he is our new assistant and friend" said Alex, Amy smiled at me sweetly, I hated her even more.

"Hey Austin, glad to see someone is keeping the boys in line" said Amy with a smile, I faked one back at her, "lets go eat soon, I am starving"

"Sounds good to me" said Alex rubbing his stomach.

"I will, um, go tell the others" I said, Alex nodded.

"Awesome, we will meet you guys at the place, we will take a taxi" said Alex as he kissed Amy one more time before they walked off, I walked to the bus, my body was numb. I didn't like seeing her with him, I didn't like knowing they would be together tonight in the bed. I walked onto the bus everything was a blur, I told them about the plan they all nodded, Jack looked at me oddly and that's what I remember before my legs gave out and I fell to the ground. Jack and Rian rushed over to me and helped me up.

"You ok?" asked Jack, I nodded.

"Yeah, think I just got too hot today, I am fine" I lied, Jack looked like he didn't believe me.

"Rian, you and Zack go ahead and head out. I will make sure Corpus Christie is feeling better and then we will come" said Jack, even now he couldn't call me by my real name.

"Ok meet you guys there" said Rian as he and Zack got off the bus.

"So you love Alex huh?" asked Jack, I didn't know what to say I just looked at him.

"What? How?" I asked, Jack shrugged.

"I am smarter than you think, today you checked out when he mentioned Amy and they way you look at him when you think no one is looking, you care a lot about him"

"Jack, you can't tell him or anyone please" I begged, Jack shook his head.

"I wouldn't do that to you, plus if I did you would never prank with me again" said Jack with a smile.

"Jack, I am stupid aren't I?" I asked sadly.

"No, you aren't. You cant help who you fall for and between you and me, I never thought Alex was really happy with Amy anyway. Come on, you and I are going to eat, just the two of us and then going back to the hotel and watching cheesy movies" said Jack with a smile.

"What about meeting the others for dinner?" I asked, Jack shook his head.

"You don't need to put yourself through that and plus I can't stand Amy anyway, she might play nice but she is a famewhore" said Jack, I smiled as he helped me up, I was glad to know that Jack was there for me, I needed someone in my corner.