‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

This Is How We Do

I didn't kiss back, I didn't know what to do, I just stood there as Jack kissed me closed mouth but still kissing me. I was about to pull away when someone pulled my away, I looked to see that it was Alex with an odd look on his face.

"What the fuck is this?" asked Alex, his tone angry and protective.

"It's called a kiss, Alex. Sometimes people kiss" said Jack, Alex crossed his arms across his chest and looked at me.

"You want to tell me why Jack is kissing you, is their some big secret and I am not in on it?" asked Alex, I didn't know what to say, I just stood their confused.

"Alex, what's wrong, you seem mad" said Jack with a smile, Alex shook his head.

"I am not mad, I just want to know what's going on, are the two of you together?" asked Alex, I shook my head.

"No, we aren't together. Jack and I are just friends, I think kissing me was another one of his pranks" I said glaring at Alex, Jack smiled.

"Jack, you got to stop this prank stuff" said Alex, Jack shrugged.

"Come on Alex, chill out. You're acting jealous" said Jack as he walked off to the bus, Alex just looked after him and then to me.

"I could kill him sometimes, he just does shit and doesn't think about the outcome" said Alex angrily.

"Alex, nothing happened he just kissed me, don't you punk rock guys do that all the time, it doesn't bother me, it was like a friendly peck, why are you so upset about this?" I asked, Alex shrugged.

"Because, um, you are new on the bus and new to all of this. I don't want Jack hurting you in anyway, and Jack isn't gay so he shouldn't be kissing you getting you all confused"

"So you think I am gay?" I asked

"No, I don't know, I can't know anything until someone tells me"

"Alex, I like guys, I find them attractive and I want to be with a guy. Jack kissing me had nothing to do with me being gay or him being gay, so don't get so worked up about it" I said, Alex looked hurt.

"I am not worked up about it, I was trying to look out for you,sorry I won't do it again" said Alex, I sighed.

'Alex, I like that you are looking out for me and trying to keep me safe or whatever. I promise you, I have no interest in Jack and he doesn't have any for me"

"Fine, but you are my roommate now on when we make hotel stops, I don't trust the two of you together" said Alex, I shrugged trying to hide my excitement.

"Fine, if that is what you want" I said, Alex nodded.

"Yeah, I have a feeling Jack didn't do the fountain by himself" said Alex with a smile, I shrugged.

"Guess we will never know, will we" I said as my cell vibrated, I pulled it out and read the message from Jack to myself 'I knew that would get to him, step one complete', "Van needs me tomorrow"

"Tomorrow we will be in North Carolina, I swear these places start running together after awhile" said Alex as we started walking towards the bus, "speaking of feeling out of it, how are you? Rian told me you got sick"

"Feeling better, just got to hot yesterday, nothing to worry about" I said, Alex shrugged.

"I worry about my friends, I am just glad that you are feeling better, hey I want a rematch tonight at Mario Kart" said Alex smiling.

"You're on but is there even a chance you are going to kick my ass, I pretty much fucked you over last time" I said with a smile, Alex playfully punched me in the arm as we got on the bus, I looked at Jack who was smiling at us, I gave him a thumbs up when no one was looking. I walked into the back room with Alex where we began playing, I was prepared to kick his ass again, but something told me to let him win, I kept getting in first place and then "accidently" hitting bananas or off roading, when Alex kicked my ass he did a cute happy dance, I just smiled at him.

"I just kicked your ass, Texas!" said Alex with a smile, I smiled back.

"Yep, I guess I just had beginners luck" I said, Alex shrugged.

"Don't worry, we have tomorrow maybe you can try again"

"I am sure I can kick your ass again, Gaskarth" I said as he closed the door and sat down in the beanbag chair next to me.

"Can we talk, I mean like a serious talk?" asked Alex, I nodded.

"Of course, you can talk to me about anything, I promise not to judge" I said, Alex sighed.

"Ok well Amy and I fought last night, well fought again, it's like every time I am with her we fight. I am beginning to think being with her isn't even worth it, I mean I don't even think I love her anymore" said Alex, I tried to hide my excitement and succeeded.

"Then maybe it's time to just break things off with her, you don't need to be with anyone that doesn't make you happy. Happiness is an important thing from what I hear, I actually don't know if I have been happy before" I said, Alex looked sad.

"You're right, I will talk to her and tell her I want to break things off with her, " said Alex and then looked to me, "why haven't you been happy, haven't you ever been in love"

"No, I haven't been. I actually don't know what love feels like. My parents didn't love me, they don't love me. Never been in a relationship with someone" I said, Alex scooted his beanbag chair closer to me.

"You mean you have never had someone tell you they love or have someone you could tell that to and be completely yourself with them?"

"Nope, never. When my parents kicked me out when I was 16, " I stopped I wasn't going to tell anyone this, I didn't want Alex to feel sorry for me, " I just knew that love wasn't something I was going to know"

"Your parents are fucking assholes and you will know love, you just have to give it time. It's going to find you" said Alex as he placed his hand on my kneecap.

"I have been waiting for years, I hope it comes soon" I said, getting nervous.

"It will, this makes me more mad with Jack kissing you" said Alex, I shrugged.

"Don't worry about Jack kissing me, I told you nothing there, at all"

"So you would rather Rian or Zack?" asked Alex raising a brow, I shook my head.

"I didn't say that, I have never thought about Rian or Zack in that way, or even really thought about them" I said, Alex smiled.

"So if you don't like Zack, Rian or Jack then maybe you," started Alex when the door opened, he moved his hand off my kneecap quickly, Jack was standing there waving a cellphone through the air.

"Amy is on the phone" announced Jack, eying me, I turned away so he wouldn't see me blushing.

"Ok, now is a good as time as any, can you guys excuse me?" said Alex taking the phone as I walked out of the room with Jack and into the living area where Zack and Rian were absent from like always, they took naps a lot.

"I see step 2 is in process, I got the new hotel arrangements seems I am bunking with Rian and Zack from now on, guess I shouldn't have put that Tide in the fountain" said Jack with a smile.

"Wait, is that why you wouldn't let me take the blame, because you knew he would put me in a room with him?" I asked, Jack nodded and did a bow, "and what about you fucking kissing me?"

"Well, I had to, I had to make him jealous. He was overly jealous, he even pulled you away from me. I think Alex is coming around, well out" said Jack raising his brow.

"You think, I mean, you think he is gay and wants me?" I asked curiously.

"Only time will tell, but we are working on it. Step 3 is getting the two of you as much alone time as possible, hey, I have never worked on something so hard in my life, it better work" said Jack with a cocky smile.

"I guess only time will tell" I said, Jack smiled. I really did hope Jack was right, I wanted Alex more than I have wanted anything in my entire life, I think I loved him, but I didn't know what that felt like, but I knew I felt good thinking about him and being near him, that's good, right?