‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Six Feet Under The Stars

Alex was in a strange mood the next day, he wasn't happy, yet he wasn't upset. He didn't tell anyone what happened with Amy, in fact he didn't talk to anyone. People would ask him questions, but he would only answer with yes or no. I was standing with Van at the booth when Alex walked up to us, his face still unreadable, I figured he would come talk to me but he went to Van and pulled him away, it hurt I felt like I was being ignored like he trusted Van more. I watched their conversation, Alex talked in hush tones, Van looked confused, he rubbed Alex's arm(remind me to kill Van later), Alex ran his hand through his hair. Van gave me a quick glance, I quickly looked at my shoes, when I looked back up Alex was looking at me, he looked like he was about to cry or possibly punch someone. He hugged Van before walking back to me, Van gave me an odd look like he knew something I would never know.

"What was that about?" I asked as we started walking off, Alex shrugged.

"Just something personal" said Alex,those three words sent me off.

"So I tell you something personal about me and I don't get the same in return, is that how this works?" I asked angrily.

"Austin, it's not like that, I just don't want to tell anyone, right now, but Van. He has been my friend for almost 2 years" said Alex his voice raising.

"It just doesn't seem fair, we are suppose to be friends too"

"Listen, if you want to be my friend then you will respect me and when I say that this right now is none of your business"

"Fine, Alex, if that is how you want it" I said walking off from him, I was about to cry, something in me was crying out for help, I couldn't be with him right now. I walked onto the bus and headed straight to the back and slammed the door closed.

"What's up with Austin?" asked Rian.

"He is pissed off at me, but he will get over it" said Alex loud enough for me to hear it.

"Why would he be pissed at you, what did you do?" asked Jack, Alex laughed.

"I didn't do anything, he just wants to get his way and when he doesn't get it, he has to act like a teenager" said Alex, I opened the door with anger in my eyes.

"I am a goddamn teenager, Alex." I said, Alex looked at me and then walked into the back room, I moved back as he slammed the door shut.

"Yeah and your acting like one now. Austin, I will tell you when I feel that it's the right time, you are just going to have to be patient with me" said Alex, his voice sounding normal now.

"Fine, but it just hurt ok. I just want to be friends and be open with you about everything.Like the way you felt, " I stopped and eyed him, he raised his brow, "when you saw Jack kissing me"

"Doesn't feel good does it? I didn't do it to get back at you, I needed to talk to Van but this is a good consolation prize" said Alex with a smile, I wanted to still be mad at him but I couldn't.

"Fine, I will give you time, if you promise to tell me what you talked to Van about in time, when you're ready"

"I will tell you, I promise Austin" said Alex putting his hand on my shoulder, my breathe came fast, "you're shaking"

"I am fine, A..Alex" I said, my voice faltering, first sign of a lie and I was good at hiding those.

"You sound nervous, are you nervous being around me?"

"No, Alex, don't flatter yourself" I said, not moving, his hand stayed on my shoulder.

"Just speaking the truth, the other day when you said you didn't like Rian, Jack, or Zack, is there someone else you like, possibly on this bus?" asked Alex, his eyes staring directly into my eyes, I wanted to look away but couldn't.

"Alex, please don't do this" I said, Alex didn't move his glare.

"Do what? I am just asking you a question, I am allowed to do that" said Alex putting his other hand on my handless shoulder.

"Just you, I cant" I said Alex smiled a smile, that only went to one side of his mouth, could he possibly know what he was doing to me.

"You can't what?" asked Alex in a whisper, the smile still on his face, when the door opened and Rian entered, I pulled away from Alex feeling like I could finally break away.

"Just making sure you were both were still alive, it got quiet" said Rian, I nervously laughed.

"We are fine, just fine" I said, calming myself down.

"Ok good" said Rian eying Alex and I curiously.

"Hey, Dallas. Get us into 765" called Jack from the living area.

"What the hell is 765?" I asked.

"A club a new one in NC, call and get us a VIP room for tonight" said Jack, I sighed and pulled out my cellphone, I dialed the number information gave me and got them a VIP room.

"All done" I said, Jack screamed excitedly, I laughed.

All the guys looked extremely hot as we walked into the club, paprazzi was already there flashing pictures as we walked into the club, I made a note to myself to never look directly at the cameras ever again. The owner of the club, Rick, lead us into the VIP room. It was awesome the room had red curtains all around with a long black, leather sofa surrounding the room with a glass table in the middle. The guys all got non-alcoholic drinks, which was good I didn't need four drunk rockers on my hands tonight, that's when Rick brought something else into the room 5 skantly clad girls all with blond hair, all looking for a fun time with a rock band. I watched the girls start flirting with the guys, Alex smiled as the girl sat next to him and played with his hair, I was mad, no I was livid. I saw Jack look at me, his eyes asking if I was ok but I wasn't ok, the girl that was brought for me tried to play with my bicep through my shirt, I yanked my arm away, I had to get out of there. I ran out of the VIP around, I didn't want anyone to find me, I couldn't take that right now. I lost myself into the dancefloor dancing my way across it, when a guy, college aged starting dancing with me. I needed this, I needed someone to be into me if only for this night, I just needed someone. The guy leaned into my ear.

"I am Bradley" said Bradley, I smiled.

"Austin" I said, he smiled.

"Want to go someplace quiet? There is a room in back"

"Take me" I said, Bradley smiled as he lead me off the dancefloor, I followed him through a black door with different doors, the rooms had people in their making out and doing various other things. I let Bradley lead me into an empty room, Bradley smiled as he crashed his lips into mine letting his hands roam over my body. It felt good to be touched, I kissed him back as he led me to a sofa and put himself on top of me, my hands roamed to his butt through his jeans, he moved his lips to my neck and then to my ear.

"I am going to make you remember me" said Bradley, I moaned.

"Go ahead" I said with my seductive tone, from when I hustled.

"You don't have to tell me twice" said Bradley as he lifted off my shirt and then I helped him with his, that's when Bradley was thrown off of me and onto the floor, Alex was standing there with a angry look on his face, "what the fuck man, get out"

"You get out, now!" said Alex, Bradley looked pissed.

"Look man, Austin and I will be done soon, and then you can have him or me but you got to wait, unless you want us both" said Bradley, his tone, it was the same I used, the hustler one.

"Get out! Before I fucking throw you out" said Alex, Bradley shook his head.

"No, you get out" said Bradley, that's when Alex's fist connected with Bradley's nose, the blood rushed out, I wanted to help but I felt paralyzed, Bradley left the room, his nose in the air.

"What the fuck are you doing?" asked Alex, his face angry.

"Having fun, like you were with that blond slut" i spat back.

"Well, you left before I told them to all get out, guess you had other plans"

"Alex, I just met him, we were just making out"

"Yea you just met him, do you normally make out with guys you just meet?" asked Alex, he was making me angry more than I already was.

"I use to, before I came on this bus! I use to fuck guys for the money, so I could eat, So i could stay warm for a night" I said, tears were streaming from my eyes, I didn't want to tell him this or anyone.

"Austin, I didn't, fuck" said Alex his face now showing the caring feature but I didn't care.

"Now you know, my past, I don't even care what you think about me. This whole time I have been wondering what you would think about me, if you would like me or love me but it's not worth it anymore" I said wiping the tears away quickly.

"Austin, you love me?" asked Alex, I shrugged.

"I need to go" I said standing up and walking towards the door but Alex stopped me and pulled me into a hug, his arms were strong and wrapped around my waist, I wanted to pull away, I needed to pull away.

"No, you need to stay right here.I don't care what or who you were, that's the past. I would have probably done the same if I was homeless" said Alex as he rubbed my back gently, I just cried on his shoulder.

"You don't hate me?" I asked through sobs, I felt Alex shake his head.

"No I don't hate you, you're my friend." said Alex, I hugged him tightly, I didn't want him to let me go.

"Don't leave me, not right now" I said, Alex pulled away.

"I won't come on, let's get back on the bus." said Alex as he lead me out of the backrooms, out of the club and onto the bus, he sat down on the sofa and motioned for me to lay down, I did I put my head in his lap as he played with my hair.

"Thanks, Alex for not leaving me or freaking out" I said looking up at Alex, he smiled.

"No problem, I am never going to do either" said Alex as his fingers gently touched under my eyes and wiped away a stray tear, I just smiled at him as my drowsiness took over and I fell asleep, I felt my body being lifted and placed onto my bed, I never opened my eyes, I thought it was just a dream, I felt lips on my forehead, "night Texas"