Status: unfinished, slow due to: inferiority complex, complete and utter indecisiveness, lack of free time.

Caged Bird, Shackled Slave

"We can't be seen together, Your Highness." she whispered, avoiding eye contact.
"And why is that, slave?" he replied, holding her wrist tightly as he pulled her behind a pillar.
"It's forbidden!" she snapped back, immediately covering her mouth as the sound of her voice echoed in the hall.
"Did you ever think that I don't care what they think?! I don't care what my parents think. I don't care what Egypt thinks of us." he held her hands clasped in his and pulled her close.
"Did you ever think that I love you, Zahra?" He whispered into her ear.
  1. Chapter One: Savior
    No one would help a slave in Egypt. We were dirt to all of them here in this palace.
  2. Chapter Two: Running
    “Zahra,” he spoke. My chest constricted. He remembered my name. The prince remembered my name.
  3. Chapter Three: Deserted
    Sitting underneath the shade of a nearby Sycamore tree, I began to think of my life. I knew I would die here.
  4. Chapter Four: Heat
    I started to panic. Where was I? Where are they taking me? I started to struggle against the rope, wiggling and jerking my hands. No use.
  5. Chapter Five: To Cairo
    "It's a long journey back to Cairo. What's your name, stranger?"