Noble and peasant

Withered by age

Esan sat by the bed off his grand mother Fraya thinking. He thought about Harie, he thought about his training, about the summer festival all in a desperate attempt to stop himself from thinking about the problems facing his grandmother and with ever taught he made he kept returning himself to the night a weak before when he came so close to kissing Harie.

"Put it out off your mind," A voice in his head told him."If you like her go after her but do not sit around sulking about all this."

His mind was soon returned to reality by the quick opening off his grandmothers eye lids. Her mind was so shattered by old age you didn't see to much off a change between conciseness and unconsciousness.Tears broke out on Esans face as the few memories off her prior to the loss of her wits. His mind reeled like a slide show throwing picture after picture through his mind. He picked up a wet cloth and started to wet her lips so that dehydration didn't kill her.

The servants off the house where moving around quickly and energetically but still quietly as to not disorient the weak woman.Esan looked at each breath she took in her shattered lungs asking himself if that one would be the last she would ever take.The doctor strolled in as if there was no problem at all Esans father followed him.The father walked with a strong but stiff walk showing his reluctance to show pain of this death and Esans mother crying as if she was already dead.Esan stood up wiping away his tears in a desperate attempt to make it so that his father did not see but it was to late.

Esan's father stood beside him a said in a near angry quiet tone "Those tears are prof of what is making you a great warrior like you uncle," He said this making sure not to give eye contact with Esan."Any way word is out that you have been seen with some whores daughter i taught you had more class then that."

"I saw her once," replied Esan in an angry tone." Why do you care?Is it not OK for me to be seen with lower class women but when you go out whoring and making those same girls it is alright?"

Esans father turned and hit him on the side of the face and said"You little brat you have no right to treat me that way. I am on off your elders and you will treat me like that."

" I would rather join a parish" replied Esan.
He stared to walk away but was soon stopped by the wailing off her mother and the words she said"She is dead!! DEAD!!!!"

In memory of C.D. Keane R.I.P.