Noble and peasant

Before the fall

Esan was bothered by his companions. They seemed to think that he was still morning off his grandmother when he had already moved on, and when ever he showed his dissatisfaction at the attention his friends presumed that he was just sulking about the death. The truth was he hadn't really known his grandmother that well as she had been senile for so long.

"Cheer up Es," said his cousin John using his nickname and pulling back an arrow on his bow."and help me get this deer"

Esan crept a long side John and notched his own arrow. The deer pranced by and Esan true the new eyes off him self saw it's beauty and it's grace. The curve on his back, the richness off his horns. Esan was pulled away from this trance as a arrow hit it's flanks. Startled the deer began to run but Esan being returned o his warrior nature jumped up and shot the deer straight in the neck. The shot was perfect in hunters terms the arrow had hit the neck far enough from the head so it would make a good trophy and close enough to kill him quickly.

"By grotans scepter that was a perfect shot,"said John in a proud voice taking out his back sack to carry the deer in , he blew his horn warning the others that the hunt was finished."let's go home and cook this it will make a fine feast."with that they where off for home.

A long the way Esan stopped his horse and said "OH no I forgot to practice today," this was a lie he just wanted to see Harie he new she would be at the training course after the note he had left in her pocket when they where hugging."I will catch up later." and with that he was off.

Esan waited in the training area for Harie for an hour but she didn't show, after that he started to go home when Harie came running up to him.

"Hey Esan how was the hunting," she said to him in a friendly tone.

"Your late," he said Angry at the carefree tone.

"What?"

"Oho come on you saw the letter didn't you."

"oho so that what this was," She said pulling out the letter."I knew it was some form off words but I didn't understand it."

"What?"

"I can't read," she said blushing by the fact "They don't teach it to the poor whore children."

"Well then I will try to teach you."said Esan taken back by her lack off education.

Harie smiled "Fine then, teacher."making another playful joke"Are you going to the autumn dance?" she asked.

"I can't dance,"

"Then I will teach you,"

"Dancing lessons for a basic education that hardly seems fair,"

Harie leaned in and kissed him"now is it fair"said Harie.Esan replied with a shake off his head Harie started to walk away and said "I will see you in two days at the autumn dance." and with that she was gone.