Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Persistence is Key

-JACOB BLACK-

“Has anyone seen where Seth ran off to?” I asked the crowd of overly big guys crowded into Sam’s not so big kitchen.

“Nope,” Paul rudely answered with his face stuffed with food. Otherwise, nobody else answered.

“Well, has anyone else noticed that Seth’s been running around lately?” I tried a second time. Persistence is key in these types of situations, “Does anyone care?”

“He’s a teenage boy Jacob, I’m sure he’ll turn up eventually,” Emily finally answered, “Besides, you used to do the same exact thing,”

I guess she was right. I would of left it alone and sat back down, but out of the corner of my eye I saw Seth running down the street, very peculiar if I do say so myself.

“I don’t think any of you really care, but if you do, I’m going out for a bit. I’ll be back later,” I announced catching nobody’s attention.

“Make sure you’re back in time for your shift later Jacob,” Sam said without looking at me. Of course, that’s what he thinks about.

I ran out the front door and followed Seth deeper into the woods. Where was this boy going? When he transformed into his wolf form I had to stop myself from following. He’d definitely realize I was following him if I did that. Good job Jake!

He ran to one of La Push’s cliffs. Surprisingly there was a pure white wolf sitting in the sunlight right against the edge of the cliff almost dangling off. If the wind blew in the right different the wolf would be propelled right off the side.

When Seth emerged onto the ledge he was back in his human form while the wolf suddenly stepped back purposely plunging off the side of the cliff. Without warning Seth followed jumping right in after it.

I ran to the edge to try to look over and saw nothing but piercing eyes. The white wolf was looking right at me and then let out a loud howl. Before diving underneath the current, right when I lost sight of Seth and the most beautiful wolf I’d ever laid eyes on.

---

Seth finally turned up later that night way past dinner. As soon as he was alone I went to go talk to him. I wasn’t going to miss my chance to learn about that white wolf.

“Where have you been Seth?” I grabbed his shoulder spinning him around to face me. He was 3 years younger than me and almost the same height. At his age I was just a scrawny twig. By my age he’d probably be humongous.

“I was out surveying the forest,” He answered looking me in the eye smiling.

“You can cut the act, I know you were out there with someone,” I told him.

“And how would you know that?” His happy go-lucky self completely vanished with the easygoing mood in the air of the room.

“I saw you with that wolf this afternoon. I followed you guys up to the cliff,” I wasn’t scared of some little kid, especially Seth.

“Jacob, I know you like her. You like her way too much for your own good. I saw the look in your eye when you first saw her, you can’t deny it so don’t lie to me, you know it,”

“What are you talking about Seth?” I asked suddenly puzzled by the amount of words he was throwing at me at one time. Confused by the fact that Seth was acting aggressive.

“Jacob, don’t play dumb, you know who I’m talking about. The blond girl from the clearing, the white wolf from the cliff, Vierra Elizabeth Rose Cullen,” He had said it, and it hit home deep, “Jacob, she already has a mate,”

He went to leave the room and turned around to look me in the eye once more before he left, “I’m sorry Jake, I really am…”